1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

33% of PB sold! Ltd status! New projects!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by WX51TXR, Mar 26, 2009.

1. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Many of you may have noticed that we have been keeping a very low profile on the forums we sponsor this year, and coupled with the current economic climate, this has led a few individuals to enquire whether we are doing okay. The time is now right to set the record straight and let you all in on recent developments...

Firstly, the reason why we have been so quiet this year is that we have been incredibly busy, working on a new business development plan and trying to keep up with day to day duties; the economic downturn appears to have had little, if any, effect on us so far. I have been burning the midnight oil for three months straight, writing the new business plan and setting out strategies for our growth over the next five years. I finally finished all forty six pages yesterday, and the first of a number of exciting new projects was initiated earlier today when I commissioned a six month major rebranding exercise, designed to provide us with an integrated design concept spanning all forms of media, plus a highly innovative new website design. Whilst I have been busy with this, Clark has also been working all hours under the sun in an effort to keep our waiting list for service provision under control; currently we are booking ahead into July, and it is turning into a major struggle to maintain control of this, to the point where no new bookings are currently being taken (instead, names are being added to a waiting list). Angela has also been extremely busy lately, and this leads me on to the next piece of exciting news...

Angela and I are absolutely delighted to announce that we recently invited Clark to become a fully fledged partner in the business, and he has accepted our offer! So, from 1st April Polished Bliss will be owned and run equally by all three of us. In line with this, and for various financial reasons, we have also decided to bite the bullet and become incorporated. Thus, from 1st April we will begin trading as Polished Bliss Ltd. Nothing much will change for a while in terms of how we operate on a day to day basis; I will continue to manage the business in the role of Managing Director, Clark will remain fully responsible for service provision in the role of Service Director, and Angela will continue to manage our finances and associated legal matters in the role of Finance Director. In addition, Marsha will continue to oversee order dispatch and stock control on a day to day basis, a role which is vitally important and which she excels at. Later this year, once we secure additional premises, we will be recruiting additional members of staff in order to be able to expand our capacity, both in terms of products sales and service provision. Watch this space!

Moving on, it has come to my attention that various people may be questioning our commitment to some of the product lines we stock, and in particular the new Gloss It range. I can categorically state that we remain 100% committed to all of the lines we are currently carrying, and all of our suppliers have been fully aware of all of the above for some time now. The reason why we have not pushed the Gloss It line very hard is that we truly believe that a gentle approach is the best way forward. Most, if not all, of the products in the line are excellent, and we are using most, if not all, of them on a regular basis in our studio, as demonstrated in recent work posted by Clark. We know that in time, as more and more of you try the products, a rising tide of support will wash across the forums, and drive further sales in a natural, unforced fashion. If a line is good it will ultimately sell itself, as has been the case with other brands we have introduced to the UK, such as Blackfire and Werkstat. We are proud to be bringing Gloss It products into the UK, and as always, we are happy to offer full technical support when requested – anyone having difficulties with sticky paint should get in touch, as the Gloss It polishes are not affected and work perfectly in such situations!

To finish off, I would like to provide an idea of what is likely to be happening and when over the next six months, so when we go quiet again people will know why! The next three months should be business as usual, although I will be away from time to time as I travel south to attend meetings concerning our rebranding exercise. Come July, we will be off the forums for some time, as we have a sixty plus hour Ne Plus Ultra detail to complete ahead of Motorvation, which is the one major car show we are sponsoring and demonstrating at this year (more details will be posted in due course). As we move forward into the late summer period, we will remain busy catching up with deferred bookings and getting properly stuck into the development of the new website. I expect we will be noticeably absent through much of this period and into the autumn, until such time as the new website is launched (likely to be late October or early November). After that, things should settle down again, although at some point the acquisition of additional premises is likely to throw a spanner in the works and eat up further time. All I can say is roll on December, when it will be time to put our feet up for Christmas and the New Year in Florida (or at least it will be for Angela and me - I expect Clark and Marsha will just get drunk!).
  2. S3 Big Andy

S3 Big Andy Stealth Beast Baby Yay

When you opening up dan sath then?? lol
    Glad to hear your news onwards and upwards!!
  3. buckas

buckas Member

all the best rich :)

drew
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Personally I like your business approach & professionalism, pity you're not down here as I'd get my car done finances permitting as havnt seen to date a bad job at all & service seems to be just as good aswell as help/info on self detailing products, keep it up & good luck with future.
  5. Fast,not furious

Fast,not furious Dealing with an OCD

Yup! I second that...soon to be moving back home dan sath myself...

It would be great to have the Polished Bliss gang down there to pay homage too...wishful thinking....even though i'm halfway up the country,you guys are still toooo far away!

Great to hear you guys are prospering! Keep up the good work:rock:
  6. Jamiekip

Jamiekip Member

That's great news - happy things are still going well.... I'm with Andy - when are you getting an operation down here then ;)
  7. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Its a shame you going missing from the forums for a bit as your advice has been truly impartial and invaluable. :sob:

However, thats just me being selfish,lol I am glad you have a secure business plan and know where you re going etc. I will continue to use you for my cleaning/polshing products for sure as your service is second to none
  8. clcollins

clcollins Member

Congratulations to you all, you deserve every success, your approach to assistance and advice is excellent and your work speaks volumes for itself.

I looking forward to seeing how things progress with the company :icon_thumright:
  9. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Cheers folks, we really appreciate the support, and don't worry, although I will be quieter on the forums during the busy periods to come, I will still be on at least once or twice a week to do the usual, i.e. help with any questions and show off our work. :icon_thumright:
  10. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

so WHEN you branching out Darn Sarf?
  11. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

The down south branch has been asked about many times before, and at the moment we have ruled this out, due to quality control and management issues. Clark has set such a high standard with regards to service provision that it would be very hard to guarantee this elsewhere (and not to mention a constant worry!). Right now, we believe that the best long-term way forward will be to establish a premier facility that can handle up to half a dozen or so prestige and performance cars at a time, and to offer a national collection and drop off service using covered transporters. This would extend our reach whilst making quality control easier to manage. However, we are a few years away from achieving this at the moment, so one step at a time. :yes:
  12. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Great to hear your news Rich! All the best!:hi:

Coss
  13. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

Great news Rich, and Clark. If you need a demonstrator for Motivation just let me know :)

And don't go moving down south, you're definitely in the best spot just now :icon_thumright:
  14. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

all the best to the gang at polished bliss. great professionalism and advise as always. all the best
  15. Drmatrix

Drmatrix Vorsprung Durch Technik

Congratulations,
    this is a spot of excellent news especially in the current times.
    Well done People onwards and upwards !!!
  16. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

I hope even if you do open larger premises you keep up the current facilities, way too handy at the moment...