320mm Uprated Pads & Disc Options

Slackworth

Reaction score
Car went into Stafford Audi on Wednesday for its MOT and passed happily but the front pads and discs got advised by them - I'm never a sucker for the dealers antics where they're concerned as they wanted £400 but to be fair they did the Audi Cam on them and the pads are getting fairly worn (although no brake pad warning yet).

Was originally going to look to install Brembo calipers from the Q5 but I'd like to do the Xenon retrofit first so pennies are being saved there instead.

That then brings me on to uprating the Audi OEM kit...thinking of Redstuff for pads as I find yellow take too long to warm up but is it worth upgrading the discs or are Audi OEM/Pagid/Brembo OEM just as good as any?

I have a set of Pagid discs (320mm) and pads (188mm) brand new if interested :chuncky:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/pagid-discs-and-pads-a4-b8-front-320mm-188mm.250841

Currently have Brembo pads fitted - they are fine for in town driving and the odd short spirited drive. I find if you keep them hot for an extended period they start leaving large deposits on the disc which isn't good! I usually back off after 10 minutes or so to cool them down.