312mm brake upgrade advice!?

MAD_Adamski

Reaction score
ok chaps after looking all this up i went to do the conversion the weekend to find out that my hubs are 1 piece and the calipers bolt upto the hubs!

So i think this means i have to change the hubs to another audi a3 ones? If so which and will my driveshafts still fit!?

quite confused what to do just now :sadlike:

My car is a 1999 A3 Tdi 110hp btw

Ad

I would save your money mate, you are going to need Hubs from a TDI130 or 1.8T model, along with the carriers and calipers, and even then, there's no garantee the drive shaft splines are the correct sizes. My X2000 Passat PD115 has smaller splines than the PD130 model. VAG really confused everyone during the 1999/2000 period with a load of mix and matching parts, which is why they ask for chassis numbers to get you the right parts.

Last edited:
just to make it clearer jo, i already have bought brand new discs, carriers, pads...

just to make it clearer jo, i already have bought brand new discs, carriers, pads...

Ahh I see, then you need hubs from a higher powered car then, golf ones should fit, not 100% sure, but I think it might be the complete hub/strut assemply. And you need Lucas calipers to make it all work.

You will need new hubs from either a MK4 Golf 1.8T/1.9 130 TDI/1.9 150 TDI or A3 8L 1.8T or 130 TDI, S3, TT, Seat Leon larger engined models 1.8T or Cupra Etc, Octavia VRS hubs should also work.

If I was you I would source a pair of calipers and hubs on ebay, there is usually someone breaking one of the above cars. I would keep the new discs pads and carriers, personally I would never put second hand brake consumables on a car.

Good luck,

Cheers

Chris

better hunt for some calipers and hubs then! are we sure my shafts will fi the hubs tho !?