312mm brake disc upgrade

yendall24

Reaction score
hi all i am trying to decide if i should upgrade my front brakes to the 312mm discs i would like to hear from anyone who as done this and found it worthwhile or not as the case maybe basicaly is it worth going to the expense of buying the tt carrier brackets and bigger discs is there a noticable difference any info would be welcome

Have you ever managed to fade the existing brakes?

If not, you might be better off keeping the 288's and fitting some good pads all round like M1144 or DS2500's

That will give you a nice increase in bite and braking performance, without trying to find the elusive carriers.

We've got the 312mm disks on the front of ours but dawn cant really tell any difference between them and the 288's that were on there before, although she doesnt really push the car very hard so thats perhaps not a good indicator.

Mine is more progresssive than before, but then some of that is due to pad compound i expect. So far i have not had fade, where as with the 280s( EBC Discs and Greenstuff pads) and the 288s ( OE Discs and pattern pads) i managed fade both at differnt times.
So all im all a worthwhile upgrade, especially as i managed to get used carriers and discs for £90 delivered and as yet have not faded them

aye, my carriers were 50quid, and the disks and pads were about 80quid all in new.

I only put them on because they needed changed anyway, and the carriers were cheap, and the costs of the disks and pads were similar to the 288's anyway

The stock brakes in my opinion are quite pants, the car feels very under braked for its size and weight. Id be upgrading to the 312's as my first modification if i didn't already have RS4 discs and Brembo 4 pots lol.