30v 2.4L repair manual help please.

unknownmonkey

Reaction score
Hello,
As per the title, a B6 30v 2.4L (wished it was backwards i.e 4.2L) V6 is in need of some babying and i'm trying to get a repair manual for it. I've checked out the obvious Bentley's repair manuals but they don't seem to have anything in relation to the 2.4L. I bought one of them ebay... here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_5282wt_1167 and have had, and still having trouble installing the damn thing. I think i'm going to try and steer away from fleabay as it seems to be the equivalent to the 'Reject Shop' of internet sales.
Does anyone know of a good, reliable, preferably not from ebay, repair manual?

I just had a thought...!
The 2.4L was the baby engine for the A6 no? So does that mean that i'll need to get a repair manual for an A6 just for the engine and another for the A4 for suspension, drivetrain, brakes and body?
Sorry about the ridiculously long question. And hey... there are no stupid questions, just stewpid people! :yes:

Bentley Publishers do all repair manuals for the dealers so i would look at that first and make shure you get the paper version as the electronic one isnt as easy to use for novices !

Hey adamss. Cheers for the reply.
I've been searching and searching for a while now. Still nothing. I'm on the verge of selling, or just paying someone to do all the work as this is my first car and it's doing my head in. I do have a engineering background, so with my old man's help, we can build/do anything (a big one too), EXCEPT get this manual. I want to keep her for as long as i financially can, but yeah... Any chance of steering me forward as i'm in reverse gear right now?

Last edited:
What exactly are you trying to repair etc?

You got an engine & box code?

Engine is BDV. Box.. not too sure. but I bought me a dud. She throws a few codes but most i can take care of.
She's lowered and has 19's. I want/need.. control arms, FWD so both axles (all but one boot is torn and clicking when cold from right/drivers front), cam seals/plugs, head cover seals inner/outer, and as of last week a new or repaired radiator. The timing got done 2 years back but i'm thinking since i need cam seals i'm better off just doing the WHOLE FREAKING FRONT END! only in order to do this, i need the manual.
I got the CVT done at Audi (straight away) and the steering rack done from independent. From here in i should be sweet.
I''m 'maybe' "considering" bagging her and flared arches... but first thing's first, she has to run at her now best before i think about future mods.
A MOD IS ONLY TO IMPROVE... not to scrape

Well to check if elsawin has it specifically listed I need both codes & year, to be exact, then can advise if it would be a worthy purchase for you.

I'll be back tomorrow with the codes. But what do you mean by box code? as in gears?

The engine & box have specific codes like my 8P has an engine code of BKD & the box code is HLE as they dont make one specific box for my car or even for my engine code, they do revisions, so you may have multiple box codes for your engine, but of course only one for your car :p

i may find this in VAS paperwork? i'll check now. Thanks a lot for your help by the way. Much appreciated.

Front of service book one would hope.

Not much of a service history, but i'll grab what i can from the car now... done!
BDV/AUT

2002 B6 A4 2.4L 30V V6 saloon - BDV/AUT
It's 3:20am (+10GMT) and i'm dead tired, so can we please continue this conversation later?

Last edited:
Thats strange as elsawin doesnt show an AUT box for the BDV in 02, box codes start with an E, F or G, anything in book with that?

Hmm... very strange indeed. It's definitely an AUT box.
I've finally got the time and money to get some work done, so as you could imagine, this is driving me freaking insane!

Mate I found the AUT box, but it only showed up under a 2000 VW Passat, you sure its right as elsawin shows no other car with this box & that Passat is a 1600 aswell, give audi parts a call & ask them what gearbox code yours is, when they check with vin, one of the 1st screens shows the engine & box code before going into the parts catalogue.

I have to call Audi tomorrow about getting a transponder paired to my car, so when i call them, i'll be sure to ask. Apologies for the super late reply.