Valve cover gasket seal replacement

Method

Reaction score
I have to change it and i saw somebody searcing instructions before, so here we go:

DSC1

There is two snap screws, after that you can take off the engine cover.

DSC2

First you have to unplug, after you can slide it down where is the rubber holding the sensor.
Finally take a wrench and take off the hose fixer.

DSC3

Remove that two bolts.

DSC4

Remove the bolt and after you can put it away the box.

DSC5

Remove the coilpack cover. There is 4 bolts.

DSC6

Remove the bolt and the two tube fixer. Remove the tubes.

DSC7

Remove the bolt and a tube fixer.

DSC8
You can find a tube fixer under the heat cover. Remove that and the tube, now you can take off the pipe.

DSC9

Remove the two bolts and take off the holder.

DSC10

Remove the four bolts.

DSC11

Unplug the four coilpack connections. Remove the grounding. The left and right corners( maybe just on right, under the heat cover) there is a screw, you can spring out easily. After that you can take off the wires.

DSC12

Remove all coilpacks, you can do it with your hands, just pull out. If u cant, then use something flat
and just pop out. Mark your coilpacks and when you gonna putting back then make sure you putting in the right place.

DSC13

Remove the tube fixer and the tube.

DSC14

Disconnect the cover clips. There is two. You dont have to take it off.

DSC15

Remove the ten bolts. The top right bolt holding a piece so make sure you not gonna drop.
You can see it in the next picture.

DSC16

Remove the bolt and now you can take off the valve cover.

DSC17

Im already taked off the old seals. Clean it with a break cleaner and replaced your new gasket seal.
I also have used a gasket sealant around and the new seal.

DSC18

Put it back the cover gently and tighten the screws. There is numbers. First gently tighten the middle one and after the following ones. If you tighted gently then do it again and make sure all perfect. Put back everything. If you used sealant then you have to wait. Start the engine when correctly dried up the sealant.
I hope its gonna help somebody. My english is not really good, so if any Admin see this, he/she can edit my
description. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Reactions: Asim1, s3 Hoggy and <tuffty/>
Reactions: MPH and Method
Nicely made Method :grimacing:

Need to use a torque wrench for those nuts, or just tighten "normal" on the feel?

What sealant type is used? And from the workshop manual is it just small dots needed like in pic tuffty?

Reactions: Method
Tighten torques are in the link but for completeness its 10nm

Sealant is RTV silicon (same as sump)

Yes... small amount at those points to prevent leaks... I normally smear some in the half moon section in the second picture as this is where the oil pools and generally is where oil leaks from when the gasket starts to show signs of going hard/shrinking

<tuffty/>

Tighten torques are in the link but for completeness its 10nm

Sealant is RTV silicon (same as sump)

Yes... small amount at those points to prevent leaks... I normally smear some in the half moon section in the second picture as this is where the oil pools and generally is where oil leaks from when the gasket starts to show signs of going hard/shrinking

<tuffty/>

Muchas gracias señor :sunglasses:

Nicely made Method :grimacing:

Need to use a torque wrench for those nuts, or just tighten "normal" on the feel?

What sealant type is used? And from the workshop manual is it just small dots needed like in pic tuffty?

Thank you Solberg. :) Yeah, like tuffty said, its 10nm, but i always go over, like 11nm. Worked for me.