1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

303 and werkstat shampoo

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by crazypainter, Mar 12, 2011.

1. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

Last week I dressed my mesh grilles with 303, all good, great result and finish. Today i washed the car using Werkstat Auto Body Wash. lovely to use, easy glide, and not frothing all over the place....BUT, i didnt really take too much notice before I washed how the mesh was looking but I am pretty sure it was still relatively black, but after i washed i seemed alot less black I diddnt specifiaclly wash the grilles as I thought i may contaminate by mitt with the 303.
    So my questions are:
    Will the 303 come off when washing with shampoo?
    Should I avoid getting my wash mitt over the areas that have had 303 applied, even though it was about a week ago?

I dont want to have to apply 303 every week, works out expensive and unjustifiable!

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. MOOSH

MOOSH Member

two solutions mate, change your shampoo or re apply 303?

How else are you ment to wash the grill areas?

I only use 303 on the interior i find its not tough enough on exterior parts and use Chemical guy trim gel.

Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel 16oz | Wheels & Tyres | Juicy Detailing | Auto Detailing by Juicy Detailing

Dodo Juice also have a trim gel that beads well and designed for extrior plastics

Dodo Juice 'Supernatural' Gloss Trim Sealant 50ml | Engine & Exterior | Juicy Detailing | Auto Detailing by Juicy Detailing

You shouldnt have to re apply this so it may work out cheaper in the long run.