300bhp+ info needed please help!!!

Audi S3 freak

Reaction score
Right i know this has been done to death but i need a advice as im getting told different things by god knows how many dirrerent people!!! Right my aim is to crack 300bhp (for now!) but im struggling with the size injectors i need? Amd told me my standard injectors are fine, a very well know man on here has told me 550 which i then told my brother and he told me they are far too big!!! He said 440's should be fine and that when he used to do stage 3 (300-330) cossies at P.T.S and A1 rallysport he always used greens. The TT shop also back what my brother has said saying 550's are massively over kill!! So i want to know what size people on here that run over 300bhp use and what mods they run to get the power they have got? i dont want to put all the nice shiney new bits on my car and have it mapped to find out im not happy with the power it produces!

the car is a 2002 s3 bam and the mods are as follows;

stage 2 amd map (they will not be touching my car again after telling me my next map will cost another £500!!! so will be going custom or live map next!!)
jetex cone filter
sfs tip
007p
n249 bypass
tubular exhaust manifold (too pretty to fit)
stage 3 k04 (brand new not fitted)
3" dp and decat (brand new again not fitted)
miltek cat back
ah fabs v2 intercooler (turns up tomorrow)

so thats the mods so far.
also toying with the idea off doing rods and pistons too depending on the price! well spending money on the s3 will never makes me save for a RS5 now will it!!! ;) i can dream cant i! lol

440's are ideal. 550's will run perfectly happily at 300bhp plus give you room for more.

Mine is in at RTech as we speak having a custom map to 550cc injectors with all your mods above including a large port head and WMI but I'm running a stock K04 turbo. I'm hoping that will crack 300bhp. There is a lot of mapping info out there for 550cc injectors so they seem to be quite popular.

You can run standard injectors with a 4 bar FPR and it'll be ok for over 300 but you'll be running them to the max which can make for a lean map at the top end. Mine are running at 96% capacity like this at the moment at under 300bhp.

As for rods, everyone you speak to on here will recommend them on anything over a stage 2 map. Some people even suggest running them for a stage 2. You have to remind yourself of the age of these cars and that rods have also been known to bend on stage 1 maps.

Theres no point NOT buying 550's tbh, unless you get an awesome deal on the 440's, especially if you plan to go larger later.

Just to ask as we'll. stage 3 k04 ( hybrid ?) I assume. Any idea on precise spec.

Bosch 550cc EV14's are a better spray pattern and overall a better injector than most if not all of the 440's available currently... it doesn't really matter that they are 'larger' than most people think you need as this is handled in mapping anyway and is a non issue..

Older ECU's such as ME3.8's on AGU's get on better with the older style 440's as the injector drivers are not as good as ME7...

Stick with the OE pistons, change the rods to 20mm rifle drilled ones, use the 550 bosch EV14's and be happy :)

<tuffty/>

Here we go again ;)
hahaha i take it this is a on going thing? right off the top of my head it was a billet compressor wheel, clipped rs4 turbine, everything ported including the atuator, flowed blue printed and meant to be good for up to 340bhp. i could find out exactly what it is for you if you wanted but that involves going to see my brother again and to be honest i think i have drained him enough today with my lack of car modding knowledge!! hahahaha the poor sod!

Mine is in at RTech as we speak having a custom map to 550cc injectors with all your mods above including a large port head and WMI but I'm running a stock K04 turbo. I'm hoping that will crack 300bhp. There is a lot of mapping info out there for 550cc injectors so they seem to be quite popular.

You can run standard injectors with a 4 bar FPR and it'll be ok for over 300 but you'll be running them to the max which can make for a lean map at the top end. Mine are running at 96% capacity like this at the moment at under 300bhp.

As for rods, everyone you speak to on here will recommend them on anything over a stage 2 map. Some people even suggest running them for a stage 2. You have to remind yourself of the age of these cars and that rods have also been known to bend on stage 1 maps.

westy cheers fella that made more sense to me! what did your car produce???? also if you dont mind me asking how much did they charge to do the custom map?? thanks again.

Bosch 550cc EV14's are a better spray pattern and overall a better injector than most if not all of the 440's available currently... it doesn't really matter that they are 'larger' than most people think you need as this is handled in mapping anyway and is a non issue..

Older ECU's such as ME3.8's on AGU's get on better with the older style 440's as the injector drivers are not as good as ME7...

Stick with the OE pistons, change the rods to 20mm rifle drilled ones, use the 550 bosch EV14's and be happy :)

<tuffty/>

tuffty cheers buddy! sorry i was getting confused about it all!! :(
like i said bikes are my thing so i dont have a ****** clue about cars!!!
spoke to my brother again for the 15th time today and he told me off and said he wanted to know if the 550's was down to attomisation and spray pattern?? i have no fooking idea what the hell hes on about (in fact i cant even spell it!! lol) but when i said what you had posted he said that answered everything he told me to ask! lol so again thanks for the info and im sorry im a TW#t that just confused my self and everything i was meant to ask!! hahahaha its been a long day!!! so long in fact i balls up my payment to alex at ah fabs and straight after i done the same to ap motorsport! they both called me back up to tell me im a fool and they want my money!! haha.

next question.......mr tuffty do you have a part number for these bosch ev14's??? or does anyone else??? right as for rods....do you lot order them from the states? what are oe pistons good for power wise? im sure i have been told 450 but i could be making this up as i cant recall who told me that! :confused:

550's will be fine... You say 300bhp "for starters" so depending what main course and desert you are planning you can scale them for step 1 mods with step 2,3 catered for down the line

stock injectors on 3bar fuel pressure will not be adequate for more than 280-285bhp before running out of duty cycle. 4bar could be employed to gain an additional 15% fueling, but map will need to be tuned for it, and there is little headroom thereafter, and 4bar on an old fuel pump may be too much for it to sustain anyhows. These are OLD CARs now

550's will be fine... You say 300bhp "for starters" so depending what main course and desert you are planning you can scale them for step 1 mods with step 2,3 catered for down the line

stock injectors on 3bar fuel pressure will not be adequate for more than 280-285bhp before running out of duty cycle. 4bar could be employed to gain an additional 15% fueling, but map will need to be tuned for it, and there is little headroom thereafter, and 4bar on an old fuel pump may be too much for it to sustain anyhows. These are OLD CARs now

ah hello mr bager 5! well for starters being when i can bully my brother into either chucking rods and pistons etc into the car or if i can convince him to r32 turbo it! all the work that gets done has to fit around him, his work his 2 bikes and his fleet of cars such as his 2l 16v golf rallye, 3 mk1 golfs, s3, ibiza cupra, vw caddy van and all the other toys he has! seen as im not a paying customer i get to pull the little brother card and get all my work done for free so i sometimes get told to do 1!!! haha
bill do you know the part number for the bosch ev14's?

Bill normally has them in stock... come with the correct adaptors for the plugs and are £285 for the set IIRC...

<tuffty/>

Bill normally has them in stock... come with the correct adaptors for the plugs and are £285 for the set IIRC...

<tuffty/>

my brothers got accounts with everyone so gets stuff like this cheap but if he takes too long i will just call bill and buy some from him! yes i really hate waiting! lol cheers again.

mr bill how much to map my car when i have all the bits fitted? amd can do 1 for telling me the price it would be as its just added to my current map and cost £150 to then tell me its going to cost me £500!!! its generic as well the cheeky fu#kers!!!!!!!!

Carl I don't mind if I'm getting a live map but I don't feel getting a generic map tweaked should be called a custom map!