3" Pipewerx DP Sports Cat & Milltek Exhaust Help Needed.

Barks

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had a pipeperx 3" downpipe, sports cat and Milltek cat back exhaust sat in my garage for a few weeks. So this weekend I thought I would fit it.... There is the problem... Where to start.

I had the front up on ramps, but didn't get very far

Firstly has any one got a fitting guide or can advise me how to get at the turbo exhaust flange bolts???

I believe the prop shaft has to be moved to one side.. Is that just a matter of removing the 3 rear facing bolts, the does it drop free

Does the Sub frame have to be removed???

I just didn't realise how little space there was to work..

Is is a pit, on axle stands job??

Any help greatly received.

Is this an A3 or S3?

For an S3...
The turbo exhaust flange bolts can be reached through the wheel arch - easier with the liners removed.

You wont get the dp out whole without at least dropping the subframe, the trouble here is that best place for the stands is the subframe, so if you have a pit or ramps that will make life easier. But, if you aren't planning to keep it you could just chop it up.

Sorry its a S3

Cheers, if the subframe has to be dropped down is probally worth doing the ARB's at the same time then.

Does the Prop shaft have to be moved?

remove the 3 screws from the prop shaft and shift it to the left side, and droping the sub frame would make life esier both for removing and instalations. good luck it would sound sweet once all fitted.

yes they are facing the back of the car. with some gentle push you can move it.

I just took out the standard DP at the weekend ready for my pipewerx 3" DP. If you undo the prop shaft the DP still wont come out. You have to take the whole prop shaft out. I took that out rather than dropping the sub frame. To get the prop shaft out this is what you need to do.

Crack off all the bolts first or youll struggle to get them undone.
1. Undo the 3 bolt on the prop shaft engine end.
2. In the middle off the car the prop shaft has a joint. Under the metal panel. Theres 6 bolts.
3. Now the prop shaft is loose and undone. you will find it wont come out straight as there isnt anuff room. You need to jack the car up to get anuff angle on the shaft to clear the bulk head.

Then the DP comes out so easily.

This is how i did it. You might find a better way. But couldnt see another way that DP comes out.

Thanks for the info, I will give it whirl next weekend, at least I have two methods now.