1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 more breakages to the old girl :-(

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Oranoco, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

[Dec 14, 2013]
    1. Started car first thing to find the starter motor has started to screech on cracnking over from cold :( 2. Few miles from home I found my screenwash level sensor had also died. Foolishly I'd left it until the light came on so promptly ran out, schoolboy error. Any idea how to change this or how expensive the part is? 3. Got back home and then found the passenger window switch has eaten itself. Good going for 3 hours
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

[Dec 14, 2013]
    :ohmy:
  4. spartacus 68

spartacus 68 Active Member

[Dec 14, 2013]
    Screen wash reservoir and sensor can be accessed by removing passenger side inner wheel arch, held in place with multiple stainless steel torx screws. Door window switch is also easy fix. The starter motor - not sure if Audi do exchange service?
  5. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

[Dec 15, 2013]
    They are all pretty straightforward forward, just annoying that all 3 where discovered in the same morning.. Cheers. for advice. on screenwash. sensor, will attack that next weekend.
  6. spartacus 68

spartacus 68 Active Member

[Dec 15, 2013]
    Know how you feel. Just repaired the rear screen-wash last weekend, now away to replace the front suspension arms. If I won the lottery I wouldn't replace the car, I'd just get a garage I could get into, with an open fire with piping hot coffee on tap! Good luck with the repairs.