1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3" DECAT PIPE

M12RJX Sep 11, 2012

1. M12RJX

M12RJX Member

Hello all

im currently looking at a 3" decat pipe for sale just got a few questions if any1 knws the answer to please,

1.will it just be a case of straight in fitted no problems or is there more involved?
    2.how much would it be to have this fitted?
    3.whats the pros of having a decat except for failing mot i know

here is the link below of the actual pipe

seat leon cupra r/s3/tt miltek de-cat 3inch in Birmingham | Used Seat for sale | Gumtree.com

thank you

2. M12RJX

M12RJX Member

any1??

3. s3gazz

s3gazz Well-Known Member

hi pal look on ebay pipe werz do one £70 i think wont get better will sound better mine did but will fail mot.

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

That decat won't fit a std downpipe...

<tuffty/>

5. M12RJX

M12RJX Member

lol ah thank u that puts a halts on my plan then lol looks like aremap is first then cheers guys

6. Grale1

Grale1 Active Member

I just fitted a 3" downpipe and decat on my car ( last weekend ) you can hear the turbo spooling up more, the car is more responsive real easy to fit your self, and generally breathes better, I would recommend getting one, I paid £60 for my downpipe and decat. I'm getting my car mapped on the 22nd so hope it will make a bit do difference to that also

7. vrbob

vrbob Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

fitting downpipes is not an easy job!

8. Grale1

Grale1 Active Member

On an a3 it's straight forward, I wouldnt know on a s3, but I found it straight forward to do, I personally wouldn't say it's hard to do

9. vrbob

vrbob Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Ah yes A3 fwd`s vs S3 (and i assume anything quattro) is a very different job although fitting is quite easy on an S3 removal of the old DP is a right b1tch!