1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 child seats?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by screechmr2, Aug 11, 2013.

1. screechmr2

screechmr2 I love beer

2 days ago the wife gave birth to our third son and trying to fit 2 child (use normal seatbelts) and 1 baby seat in is an absolute ball ache and i can't be dealing with the hassle of fitting the seats every time especially if it's raining or we have grumpy tired kids.

I sold our 8 seat mpv to get our a3 3.2 before she got pregnant and don't want to change the car as i like it too much and I'd lose money.

Anyone managed it with certain seats? My only other solution is a cheap (2-3k) mpv in place of my knocking about in car (a £500 mazda 323 v6 ultra reliable ebay special bought whilst drunk 4 years ago so resale value virtually 0) but that's an expense I'd like to avoid as that'll have to go on a credit card.

Any suggestions? Cheers.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Active Member

Across the rear seats, you don't have to have 3booster seats. You obviously have to have the baby seat, but the tallest child doesn't have to use a booster seat. I work for a childcare company and in our 8seater people carrier we do this. You just cannot fit 3 booster seats side by side.

4. shariain

shariain Well-Known Member

I use to have 2 booster seats and a stage 1 car seat (one of these clip in base things) in the back of my 3dr 3.2 no problems my kids are now 8,5&1 so the stage 1 made way for a stage 2 and that still fitted in with 2 booster seats no problems. And I have the same in my Vw sharan just now on the back seat 2 boosters and a stage2 car seat for the little one and there is no lack of space issues.

5. screechmr2

screechmr2 I love beer

Cheers guys. The other 2 are 5 and 3 so the seats aren't just boosters yet. Think I'll find a decent technique with practice before getting another car.