1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3/8" Drive 100mm / 4" socket extension bar - where from?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by AL_B, Jan 17, 2006.

1. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

Hi guys,

Although I managed to re-fit my plugs ok the other week. Tightening the plug in cyl-1 on the S3 is a bit fiddly, because of the bracket for the engine cover.

Once you've got the plug-socket, the 150mm extension bar, and an adapter from 3/8" 's to 1/2" and then my 1/2" drive torque wrench, the wrench catches on the bracket. In the end I had to use a swivel head adapter. But I'm 100% happy that its torqued correctly.

Anyway, I have a 3/8" drive 75mm socket extension bar and a 3/8" drive 150mm bar, but can I find a 100mm one? No way.

I've searched on google, visited a wide range of online tool stores. But no one does one. There are plenty 1/4" drive 100mm / 4" extension bars, but no 3/8" ones.

Thanks for your help.

AL
  2. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

Dont do them though!
  4. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

5. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

I do have a 3" extension bar, I can't remember if it was just too short or whether it wasn't suiteable because of the torque wrench I have. The one I use for a setting of 30Nm is a long handled one ( for wheels really) and so I think it was catching on stuff.

I use Justoffbase too Rich.

I even searched the Draper site, they just do not make a 3/8" Drive 4"/100mm extension. Its strange really, can't understand why they wouldn't.

AL
  6. madvw

madvw Active Member

toolbank here too. Especially as i used to know somebody who worked there so i used to get tools at cost price... that was a real eye opener... some stuff is marked up 75%...
  7. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[ QUOTE ]
    toolbank here too. Especially as i used to know somebody who worked there so i used to get tools at cost price... that was a real eye opener... some stuff is marked up 75%...

[/ QUOTE ]

Probabley the Teng torque wrench I bought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif... the service was A1 though and they sell loads of machine tools and sharp drills etc.
  8. DNA

DNA Guest

9. imported_fingermouse

imported_fingermouse Guest

Try halfrauds their stuff is very good, I have the large 120 piece tool kit and it covers most jobs spot on.

oh and its in the sale at the mo from £150 to £99