1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.2 V6 Emissions Light On

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by richul, Aug 1, 2009.

1. richul

richul New Member

[Aug 1, 2009]
    Hi first post hope this is in the right area. I use this site alot but never felt the need to join in before.

My emissions light has come on and i've been reading through this site and some people say low fuel can cause this and re setting the car can fix the problem. This happened a few months back and resetting worked but the other day i was stuck in traffic and by the time i got to a BP petrol station with super unleaded i was running on 0miles.

I'm worried if i reset im ignoring a problem which could be damaging my car more in the long run.

Please help i kow people say VAG COM but i cant see anyone in Birmingham with this nor would i understand what or how this works.

Thanks and i hope this makes sense
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Aug 2, 2009]
    I have the same thing !! but mine is ticking over like a single cylinder diesel. Seems OK above 1000rpm . I am already booked into Audi on Tuesday for another problem so i will get them to look then. I find its a good idea to have your car pre booked in to Audi, one day a week because the likelihood of it running properly for 7 days in a row is very small......:huh: Plus i feel i got such good value at £145 an hour and just over £100 for 5ltr of Castrol oil on my last visit last month.......

If i was you and i had no other symptoms i would re set it this time and see how it goes but i am no expert on the cars .......I have become a total expert on working Audi's coffee machine's
  4. richul

richul New Member

[Aug 2, 2009]
    Pre Book once a week lol

I'll reset and if not i think its off to Audi i go
  5. richul

richul New Member

[Aug 2, 2009]
    Right all reset and lights have gone off the dash. But i think its misfirin doesnt run smooth could this be spark plugs or injectors ???? Sorry if this is a silly question
  6. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Aug 2, 2009]
    Not sure what it could be but Im in Manchester if you want to trek down - there must be someone up your way though :S
  7. paddy

[Aug 2, 2009]
    Sounds similar to my problem.
    I had a full service a couple of months ago and its never ticked over really smoothly since so i suspect a plug or a coil cap. IO can let you know on Tues if they can fix it.
  8. richul

richul New Member

[Aug 3, 2009]
    Hi all just to let you know it was a coil all fixed now fingers crossed.

Thx everyone:yellowrs4::greyrs4:
  9. paddy

[Aug 6, 2009]
    Mine turned out to be lamba sensor !!