1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.2 update

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by donna, Jul 2, 2012.

1. donna

donna Member

i can well imagine you guys are getting bored of this subject .

but will a remap get rid of the hesitation issue like revo, science remaps ect:

sorry for bringing this back up.

audi shrewsbury said only after a dionostic first , so did audi uk .

thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Jason-3.2

Jason-3.2 Member

My 3.2 is in for a custom map on the 21st of this month.

I will report back on how it goes. I have the missfire issue and have been told it will be resolved with the remap.

4. daver555

daver555 Member

Hi, please explain exactly the issues your having? I have gone through similar recently so may be able to advise!?!

5. discostu49

discostu49 Active Member

im not bored as im new to the 3.2 and cant be bothered searching through tones of posts ;-)

6. rsjohn

rsjohn Member

i have issues with missfire on cylinders 1 and 2, moved the coilpacks and plugs and still the same but its intermittent, when it starts to miss i turn engine off and restart and its runs fine.

7. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
    Staff Member Moderator

I had mine sorted out at Cheshire Oaks, give them a go. I didnt have a diagnostic done first but they were under instruction from Audi UK as I had contacted them first. I must say though, Cheshire Oaks didnt want to do it but had no choice. My hesitation was sorted straight away so I was glad I had it done.

8. donna

donna Member

thanks for all your replys.

hope you are right(jason 3.2) with the remap , i have given up with audi now look forward to an update.

(Dave 555) .the issues that i am having are hesitation while accelerating . it`s not as noticable when accelerating hard . it`s almost like the slight pause inbetween gear changes , worse some days more than others.

(Discostu49) There is a lot of posts on this site concerning this update and a lot of members have had this done and it has made a diffrence to all concerned .

(Sarah a3) thanks for the reply, i approched audi shrewsbury had no joy then phoned audi uk who told me that i would have to pay over 100 pound diognostics first , to see if i need it .
    to me there just screwing me for money . just to tell me i dont need it after

9. -Ju-

-Ju- Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User Audi S3

Can't believe the dealers are still being obstinate over this update. Definitely don't have the diagnostic done as it's a waste of time and money.
    I remember when I first had it done at my dealer (Huddersfield audi), they initially wanted me to have the diagnostic which I obviously refused and then wanted me to sign a disclaimer to have the update put on. In the end they just ordered the update cd booked me in and charged me 1/2 hrs labour. It was the best £58 I ever spent on the car and made the next 2 yrs a very enjoyable experience!
    If you have the symptoms then don't give up its worth the effort

10. leeroywarner

leeroywarner Member

Jason 3.2 you having the vvt attack. Please please please report back about if it's worth the monies

11. leeroywarner

leeroywarner Member

Oh yeah also meant to say, I had the update without diagnostics at Northampton Audi if that's any help, people are more than welcome to quote my number plate/me as a precedence set at Northampton if it helps

12. discostu49

discostu49 Active Member

(Discostu49) There is a lot of posts on this site concerning this update and a lot of members have had this done and it has made a diffrence to all concerned .

i wasnt being sarki if it was picked up that way i am genially happy for these new posts although you apologise for bringing it up again,, what is this updat malark i dont notice any issues with the gears other than a small delay when pulling away from junctions??

13. mechanic69

mechanic69 Well-Known Member

My 2004 3.2 has had missfire and unsteady idling, hesitancy, jerkiness issues for over a year now. Mate told me about an Audi coil pack recall from Jan 2011 which I got done at the stealer for free recently - no more missfires. The unsteady idling, hesitancy, jerkiness issues were sorted by cleaning the throttle body (ttforum had guide) which was full of black gunk. Took under an hour and the unsteady idling, hesitancy, jerkiness issues are all gone now. Car like new and cost nothing, worth a try.

14. 3265colin

3265colin Member

Would this update overwrite a Custom Code remap?

15. Jason-3.2

Jason-3.2 Member

Pm'd