1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.2 sports back

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by glenn-3.2, Nov 29, 2009.

1. glenn-3.2

glenn-3.2 Member

[Nov 29, 2009]
    sorry for a silly question. just put a deposit on car.it has no centre arm rest, can this be added,or is it more complex than that.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. edition

edition Active Member

[Nov 29, 2009]
    Can be added easy enough yup.

Just need to cut the centre console but thats suposed to be simple enough :)
  4. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Nov 29, 2009]
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 29, 2009]
    Yeah its simple enough as edition rightly says, just have a look behind your rear of console storage tray, it pulls out easily & with torch see if there is a threaded nut fixed in there awaiting a bracket to fix to it, for the armrest to lower into mate as some have not had this & used a nut from diy store to fix in place, both routes are easy enough anyway, just less hassle of nuts there already, oooooh uuuuuhhh
  6. glenn-3.2

glenn-3.2 Member

[Nov 29, 2009]
    thanks for the info lads, one other question ,the car has a tow hitch.which i will remove, but the've cut a notch out of bumper. i see on newer models they have a defuser trim .which would be ideal to cover cut out.anyone have idear's/costs
  7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 29, 2009]
    I have fitted the proper towbar & an upgraded valance for an sline, as mines detachable, you can buy a valance that has a removable cover for the sport & slines trims level, when its in place its hardly noticeable mate & it was about £60, but requires painting.

Bumper of job to get to the fixings though, I had the sport upper so I modded the valanceit to fit given, was sline valance on sport upper which dont 100% plugnplay, but looks oem now, is yours a static tow or detach ball?

If detach then just swap valance over mate, always handy having tow hitch for say bikes etc.
  8. TAC

TAC 3.2 V6 Burble... hmmmmmmm

[Nov 30, 2009]