1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.2 Software update - help

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by marwayg, Nov 18, 2011.

1. marwayg

marwayg Member

[Nov 18, 2011]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. 3.2 Ju

3.2 Ju Well-Known Member

[Nov 18, 2011]
    I have heard of one person having the update done privately but tbh it's really a dealer job and in most cases a frustrating experience to say the least!. It cost me £58 through the dealer but that's after I argued over not needing a "fault diagnosis" and presenting them with all the details of the update before they agreed to do it.
    It does only take 15-30 mins to do so it should be priced accordingly
    There is I believe a revised internal memo that covers the update, it's been discussed on here so have a nosy around for it, stick with it though as it transforms the car!
  4. leeroywarner

leeroywarner Member

[Nov 19, 2011]
    Where abouts are you, some dealers will do it (almost) without question. Northampton Audi did mine, had to do a bit of explaining but wasn't to much trouble. I would get it done even without the 2k rev problem, better economy and smoother power delivery
  5. marwayg

marwayg Member

[Nov 19, 2011]
    ooo right okay, thats perfectly fine. I definately want it done. Its just a question of knowing what to say to them and what to expect from them.
    I am from birmingham, but regularly travel to coventry for university. I know there is an audi place i drive past in coventry. so might have to drop in.
    Can somebody clarify the correct software version and everything i need to say to them so that i know, and more importantly; they know what they are doing.
    Or if somebody can help me find the revised internal memo of the update. I just cant find it! :sadlike:
  6. 3.2 Ju

3.2 Ju Well-Known Member

[Nov 19, 2011]
    Its mentioned in This thread