1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.2 Rough Idle

DEbe Nov 13, 2012

1. DEbe

DEbe New Member

Hi,
    I know there are several posts about idling problems on the 3.2 and I have read a lot of them. Just wanted to post my problems anyways to see if someone with experience can rule something out. I'm also taking the car to the shop on Friday so it would be nice to have something to tell the mechanic about the problem.

The problem I have is that my idle goes up and down. Sometimes it stays normal and then all of a sudden it jumps up to between 900-1000rpm. This has been going on for a few weeks and I didn't give it much thought until a few days ago when my check engine light came on. After the check engine light came on my mpg has gone pretty bad but nothing else has happened. Don't know if the check engine light and the idle is related or not. Car drives and pulls perfect, only problem now is bad mpg and rough idle from time to time.

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks in Advance!!

2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

​Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Where are you located? Im sure someone will be along to advise you on your problem shortly. Enjoy the forum. :) x

3. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Could be a small vacuum leak. Check for wooshing noises..