1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.2 DSG Delivery delays

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by imported_fobber, Nov 24, 2004.

1. imported_fobber

imported_fobber Guest

[Nov 24, 2004]
    Guys

I have just been told that my 3.2 DSG all singing & dancing lump of love has had its build week moved from week 50 to week 6 and then forward to week 2. At the moment its stopped there, but the comment from my dealer was "This doesn't happen very often, so there must be a good reson"

I could be looking at an extra 8 weeks which would mean 20 weeks from order to build week, and then it has to have the body kit, phatnoise and tracker fitted.

Does this happen often?

I'm going to go mad if i have to wait that long. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. Davidb67

Davidb67 Member

[Nov 24, 2004]
    ONLY 20 weeks - you lucky sod!!!

24 weeks till I got mine.
    Mind you, I've since put about 24 weeks' worth of mileage on it inside 8 weeks of owning!!
  4. TTLAW

TTLAW Member

[Nov 24, 2004]
    I ordered my 3.2DSG 21st October and was originally given build week 48. The car was actually completed by the end of week 47!

It is now on the ship on the way to the UK.

I think that it can sometimes depend on the dealer you use and the allocation they recieve.

All being well the car should be delivered by the end of the month.

Steve
  5. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

[Nov 24, 2004]
    Mine only took 8 weeks, but it felt like a life time... It is horrible waiting, but in the end, it's worth it!!!
  6. Markk

Markk New Member

[Nov 24, 2004]
    I'm currently on week 9, although apparently it went production complete last Wednesday, so hopefully not too much longer to wait!

Glad I didn't go for DSG as it sounds like I would've had to wait even longer.
  7. TTLAW

TTLAW Member

[Nov 26, 2004]
    Update on mine is that the car has arrived at the dealer. Less than 5 weeks from order!

Now waiting for Abt bodykit to arrive!

Steve
  8. Markk

Markk New Member

[Nov 27, 2004]
    Mine was awaiting shipment on 24th Nov, so it's a bit closer. Will be 10 weeks from order on monday!
  9. spiider

spiider Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Fobber said:
    Guys

I have just been told that my 3.2 DSG all singing & dancing lump of love has had its build week moved from week 50 to week 6 and then forward to week 2. At the moment its stopped there, but the comment from my dealer was "This doesn't happen very often, so there must be a good reson"

I could be looking at an extra 8 weeks which would mean 20 weeks from order to build week, and then it has to have the body kit, phatnoise and tracker fitted.

Does this happen often?

I'm going to go mad if i have to wait that long. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered mine mid september, been quoter mid jan... so around 16 weeks...
  10. TTLAW

TTLAW Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    Collected mine today! Ordered 21st October.

Just getting used to the step from the TT.

Steve
  11. fuzzynapper

fuzzynapper Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    You lucky S*d.

I ordered mine mid October and have been told its not being built until Xmas!!!! At least it will be an 05 reg car, so much for having it from Santa.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
  12. imported_unkle

imported_unkle Guest

[Dec 3, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Fobber said:
    Guys

I have just been told that my 3.2 DSG all singing & dancing lump of love has had its build week moved from week 50 to week 6 and then forward to week 2. At the moment its stopped there, but the comment from my dealer was "This doesn't happen very often, so there must be a good reson

[/ QUOTE ]

Talking from my experience, my A3 was finished and ready to be driven from Audi UK in Milton Keynes at the beginning of Sept but I didnt get it till mid-October because of problems with delivering it, spoke to the dealer who sorted out the car for me, hes a good mate and he told me when you purchase a car from Audi they have 13\14 weeks to deliver the car, any longer and theres a chance of compensation, might be worth looking into it....
    (mine arrived 13th week after I ordered it)
  13. spiider

spiider Member

[Dec 4, 2004]
    Called the Dealer as last time I was told Mid Jan and they told me that the car left the factory and should be here mid december !

Yipppppppppppyyyyyyyyy...

The line now goes :
    "I ordered mine mid september, been quoted now mid dec ... "
  14. Soot1e

Soot1e Member

[Dec 6, 2004]
    Your delay gave me cold sweats as my 3.2 S-Line DSG was planned for build week 50. I went to my dealer to find out if there were any delays expected only to find it was on the back of a transporter sat in their delivery compound. Can't wait for the call to say its ready.

Spec
    Dolphin Grey
    Symphony and Bose
    Xenons
    Heated Seats
    Rain & Light Sensor
    Black/black leather/cloth seats
  15. taylorg

taylorg New Member

[Dec 8, 2004]
    I ordered an A3 2.0 Sport on 13th October. Salesman reckoned on 8 weeks delivery but end of December at latest.
    Since then the build week has slipped from week 48 to 50 (this week as it happens - if it happens) but salesman says to expect an early January delivery, which means 12 weeks!
    Anyone else experiencing this? It seems a bit long but I suppose factories etc close over xmas and the car will have Jan 05 on the registration docs.
    Should I also be looking for some compensation???
    Cheers
  16. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[Dec 9, 2004]
    I'm surprised at the variations. To detail my post further, we ordered our Sportback 2.0TDI SE (with plenty of factory options I should add) on Saturday 11th September during the official launch weekend, and drove it away on Sunday 31st October.

The salesman said the UK allocation of Sportbacks for this year had nearly sold out. When we collected the car in October, he said that if you ordered one right now, you wouldn't see it until February. I thought he was saying this to get us to sign the order (!), but perhaps there was some truth in this.
  17. imported_fobber

imported_fobber Guest

[Dec 10, 2004]
    I have just been told that my car is confirmed build for week 2. I asked if the delay was due to the DSG, but was told that are just busy. However the stealer said that there is now a big delay for new orders due to short supply of the DSG.

If your going to order, do it now.
  18. taylorg

taylorg New Member

[Feb 4, 2005]
    Just to update my earlier post - took delivery yesterday after 16 bloody weeks!! Worth the wait though, its a great car...
  19. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[Feb 4, 2005]
    Congratulations, enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  20. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Feb 4, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Just to update my earlier post - took delivery yesterday after 16 bloody weeks!! Worth the wait though, its a great car...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good news, how about some pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif