1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.2 CATs rattling - best source for new CAT centre section.

Dan320is Jun 18, 2013

1. Dan320is

Dan320is Member

Hi guys, sods law the A3's MOT needs doign next week and the CAT's have started rattling, they sound like they've broken up.

Where is best to source a new CAT centre section?

2. g dawg

g dawg Member

Hello mate I think mine have gone to it sounds like a load of gravel being thrown under my car at times did u experience this?

3. Dan320is

Dan320is Member

It sounds as though a heat shield is rattling against the exhaust but I've had the car in the air and checked everything, it's the broken CAT internals rattling about.

4. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Excuse to buy a milltek ???

Brodster likes this.
  5. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Theres always an excuse to buy a Milltek.....lol

6. Dan320is

Dan320is Member

I'd love a Milltek or Remus cat back but I still need to address the CAT issue and I'm going through the costly process of a house purchase at the moment.

7. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Decat ? If u can have emissions test passed wink wink, would sound fooooookin wicked on a 3.2v6

8. -Ju-

-Ju- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Team Panther Audi S3

The A3 3.2's cats are all part of the downpipe section with the flexi pipes. Sounds like it could be an expensive fix!

9. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Not sure about the 3.2, but my last car had a twin cat set up. The nearside one started rattling, but it still passed the MOT gas test.

10. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Not sure about the 3.2, but my last car had a twin cat set up. The nearside one started rattling, but it still passed the MOT gas test.

If it's a free MOT re-test , why not put it through as it is.

11. -Ju-

-Ju- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Team Panther Audi S3

The wife's mini passed it's test with a rattling cat as well. Two months later it blocked up completely and wouldn't do more than 30 mph!

12. autolatry

autolatry Active Member

This happeded to me on the M62 a few years back in my 406 coupe. I was cruising along then the car slowed and wouldnt go over 30mph.

Had to dodge into the loser lane very quickly. Ive never had so many w*nker signs aimed at me in one day before.

But back to the point, I have been blowing a load of lovely steam through my cats, so they will be on there way out now no doubt.