1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.2 Car tax....

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by edition, Sep 27, 2008.

1. edition

edition Active Member

[Sep 27, 2008]
    Hi,

Our tax is up the end of this month. DOn't know wether to get just 6 months then 12 months. Or get 12 months now....

Just wondering when the tax jumps up to its stupid level..... I.e i want to buy it at its cheapest!

Any ideas?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. NoggyDS3

NoggyDS3 Member

[Sep 27, 2008]
    Just get 6 months now, then cash it in in February, and then buy a year before it goes up in March. Then you wont be paying the higher rate til 2010!
  4. edition

edition Active Member

[Sep 27, 2008]
    Yeah that was the idea really. Will i be able to cash it in and then near enough stright away get 12 months?

Cheers
  5. NoggyDS3

NoggyDS3 Member

[Sep 27, 2008]
    I dont see why not. Failing that, just get the new one and cash the old one in as soon as you recieve that. Only problem i can see is that they dont allow you to tax the same vehicle twice - but if they dont allow that, they should allow you to do it at the same time! Thats what i'll be trying!
  6. Wolfsburger

Wolfsburger Member

[Sep 27, 2008]

Spookily enough, our fab government has seen this loop hole and closed it. Taken from a DVLA release to franchised dealers.....

Tax changes from Jan 2009 The DVLA says a restriction on VED refunds is being introduced to reduce unnecessary transactions and tax avoidance. From 1 January 2009 refunds will be restricted to the registered keeper of a vehicle and will only be applicable when DVLA is notified that a vehicle has been stolen, destroyed, become eligible for a nil licence, declared SORN or permanently exported.

Just for those of you planning to cash in your tax discs early in feb and re-tax at the old rates before they rocket up. Not that anyone was planning that of course.
  7. NoggyDS3

NoggyDS3 Member

[Sep 28, 2008]
    At least **** Turpin had the decency to wear a mask...!
    Oh well - December it is then...