1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.0 V6 SPARK PLUGS

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by dans3.0, Mar 23, 2009.

1. dans3.0

dans3.0 Member

Hi
    Anybody changed the spark plugs on the 3.0 V6 any hints or tips would be very much appreciated looks quite hard to get to to remove the coil packs etc.

Audi want £150 to supply and fit:wtf:

Cheers
    Danny
  2. vivallddi

vivallddi a4 3.0 qu...ro sport

hi,i have 3.0 saloon and had sparkplugs changed.problem started when 3 ignition coils went of and i called aa man,but he didnt had any spareones so i bought 3 coilpacks and 6 sparkplugs and tryed t change them myself.the plogs on coilpacks are very hard to remove if you dont have the right tool so i damaged few of them and in the end i end up in audi garage replacing those plugs for 250£.so i think is beter to leve it to garage audi or etc.
    thanks
  3. tonyrampanttiger

tonyrampanttiger Member

hmmmmm.... i was gonna do the plugs this weekend, i might not bother now.
  4. dans3.0

dans3.0 Member

Hi
    Just a quick update
    Have now changed my plugs and all went with no probs at all was easy, bit off messing around removing the air box one side and the coolant tank the other side.
    I did buy the correct audi coil puller and sparkplug extension which made it that much easier dont know how I would have removed the coils without doing any damage to them otherwise.

Dan