1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.0 V6 auto petrol remapped today (very happy)

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by dpbayly, Apr 21, 2013.

1. dpbayly

dpbayly Member

[Apr 21, 2013]
    Decided as i had nothing to do today I'd call around my local mappers to see if anyone can sort me today and as luck would have it there was a mapper just 1/2 a mile from my front door so popped in to see him, he was full of info claiming the 3.0V6 to be a good N/A to map as they were reined in and held back by Audi (how true that is I don't know) but the new map seems to have made a big difference especially in the mid range,

My V6 is auto so its never going to set the world on fire and I didn't buy it for speed more cruising but as im running out of things to do to my old beast I thought I'd treat it to some more power and torque.

Here's a vid taken just before the remap:

3.0v6 A4 qvant auto before remap - YouTube

After (bare in mind it's hotter ambient temp and it's now carrying a full tank of juice compared to under quarter of a tank before) and still over a second quicker to 60, the vids have been cropped so they start as I press the throttle and end at 60mph the after vid is just under 2 secs shorter:

3.0V6 A4 avant after remapping - YouTube

Although I made the vids as a comparison the biggest difference is when accelerating while already on the move like when overtaking its massively improved here but no vids of this though.....

While he was at it I got him to map my down stream O2 sensors out so if I choose when I get a custom exhaust made I might get some de-cat pipes sections made and it wont trigger the management light.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    Smillie13 likes this.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]