3.0 tid v6 oil leak

Gooders

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys

Hope you had a great xmas and new year.
Whilst doing my weekly checks last night I noticed an oil leak on the area of the oil fill point. Seem to be around the point that connects to the block. Put I didn't remove the cover. As I was In a rush to get home I check oil level which was a tad low and went home. Daddy day care today so can't invest till tom.
Are there any known leaks in that area ( apart from mine lol)

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know of any particular issues with oil leaks there. Take a picture.

Sorry for delay got a photo what should be where pencil is
22a688469c5e9e87eb1e5b959f62af5d.jpg

I have cleaned up area. I think it may be one of the seals on oil tube

There is an O ring on the filler tube, Item 23.
http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sin.../103/subcategory/103075/part_id/252639/lang/e

Are you sure it's a leak or oil that has been spilled when the car has been filled. I would check the crankcase ventilation is working correctly. If you undo the filler cap whilst the engine is running see if there is any pressure in the crankcase. There shouldn't be any positive pressure.

I'll check over the next few days as I have cleaned the area. I will try the oil cap test too. Item 22 is not fitted on mine so I wonder if that could be the snag. Does every one have one fitted? Cheers

Just done a short drive still dry. Removed cap with engine running not + px. I'll have to monitor it

Looks like the CCWA 3.0 TDI doesn't have that bolt. I presume the filler is just a push fit.

I think it's a push and twist. Just thought it odd to have the holes but no fixing.

Oh right thanks where did you get that gen I'll pass it on to my indie before service

I replaced oil filler neck.

I have a leak on the bottom pan both side now

I had a leak in the same place, and in my case, it turned out to be coming from my EGR blanking plate located in front of the actuator flap, which was also saturated in oil underneath it. My EGR was stuck open (never fault coded due to old software) but was mapped out, but even with a blanking plate as tight as I could physically get it, it would still bypass over time, causing oil to go all over that oil neck. By default this area has no blanking plate and has two star-drive screws holding it to your upper intake manifold.

I had a leak in the same place, and in my case, it turned out to be coming from my EGR blanking plate located in front of the actuator flap, which was also saturated in oil underneath it. My EGR was stuck open (never fault coded due to old software) but was mapped out, but even with a blanking plate as tight as I could physically get it, it would still bypass over time, causing oil to go all over that oil neck. By default this area has no blanking plate and has two star-drive screws holding it to your upper intake manifold.
That is very interesting!

My leak happened after I fitted the EGR blanking plate, did you manage to stop it from leaking completely?

In my case, no, because my EGR was stuck open due to carbon build up. A functioning EGR will open and close depending on the needs of the ECU, and with a blanking plate and high exhaust pressure, you'll get blowby (even on the tightest screwed blanking plate). If an EGR is mapped out, technically there isn't a need for the blanking plate as the default position is closed. I myself just put up with a tiny amount of blowby, which I achieved by going very hand tight, while trying not to break it. It's a funny line to balance.

I replaced oil filler neck.

I have a leak on the bottom pan both side now

Hi Gooders, not related to this post but I see you have VCDS and wondered if you could help me out I live very close to you. Thanks in advance