3.0 TDI swirl flaps and remap

APearson

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently picked up my a5, after looking at a few horror stories along with quite ooftengetting circuit bank faults (P2008 Intake Manifold Runner Circuit Open Bank 1, to be exact) I am looking to possibly have the swirl flaps removed.

I'm also after opinions if anyone has used 'adetuning' I've contacted them regarding a dpf delete, egr blanking and a full remap which is listed at £750, upon asking about them looking into the swirl flaps they're fine to do so and require the car for 3 days.

My only other query is how big of a job is it to remove the swirl flaps and would it throw me into limp mode? As I can potentially do it myself and just have them map it out with the remap included.

Thanks

A little on the expensive it wouldn't hurt to do it yourself if your capable

A little on the expensive it wouldn't hurt to do it yourself if your capable
You'd say so? I haven't shopped around an awful lot as of yet but certainly looking at the work they're offering, I'm based in Warrington, so anyone reasonably close by and of course have a good reputation I'd be interested in giving the work to.

My main concern was whether removing the flaps myself would force limp mode, I'm sure its doable

Thanks for the reply

It's a fairly straightforward job to remove them yourself