1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.0 tdi Limp mode - new actuator controller and turbo clean - flashing glow plu

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by gazzip44, Apr 30, 2013.

1. gazzip44

gazzip44 New Member

[Apr 30, 2013]
    Hi guys, Can anybody help?? I have a 3.0tdi which has started going into limp mode (flashing glow plug light) usually when I am quite heavy on gas on the motorway and lift off at 80+ if you switch off ignition and back on fault is cleared and power is restored. Fault codes showing are

P3348 - Control Circuit for controller for turbo charger

I have had the actuator control box replaced and calibrated at Audi main dealer

P0235 - Regulation range not reached

Audi stealership are telling me a new turbo is needed £1750 - I don't think so when it drives perfectly 98% of the time!! I think this is overboost code so I have had the turbo removed and mechanically cleaned suspecting sticky vanes and not fancying the Mr Muscle idea. This was done by R-tech who said that the VVT needle was moving freely before they did the work and did not think it was worth doing. I still had it done to rule it out!

Car still does exactly the same thing when I welly it

Its a s line A4 quattro tip.

Please someone tell me you know what I can do now?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. caddymandean

caddymandean New Member

[Jun 7, 2014]

Hi. Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? Ive got exactly the same issues. Also replaced the Actuator and MAP/Boost sensor but car is still the same. Had a guy who knows turbos check mine out and he reckons all is fine.

I know its an old thread but just wondered what outcome you had.
  4. studunc06

studunc06 New Member

[Jun 8, 2014]
    i had a similar problem with my 2.0 TDI quattro,it was doing the same on certain long climbs at speed and you would give the throttle a bit more gas just to maintain your speed and it was diagnosed as the vacum unit, the part was only £11 but had to remove inlet manifold to get to it but all in it cost 140 quid to replace and that was including the diagnostic. Thought i would mention it as it sounds similar to the problem i had.
  5. desertstorm

desertstorm Well-Known Member

[Jun 8, 2014]
    From the Ross Tech Wiki.

19804/P3348/013128 - Control Circuit for Controller for Turbocharger 1 (J724): Electrical Malfunction
    Possible Symptoms

Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON

Possible Causes

Fuse(s) faulty
    Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Controller for Turbocharger 1 (J724) faulty
    Controller for Turbocharger 1 (J724) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Fuse(s)
    Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Controller for Turbocharger 1 (J724)
    Check/Replace Controller for Turbocharger 1 (J724)
    Perform (Selective) Output Test, the Vane Positions should change visibly and audibly
    Perform System Test using VAS 6395

Special Notes

When stored in the 3.0l TDI (ASB/BKS/BMK/BNG) with throttle body faults P106B/004203 and/or 17988/P1580/005504 check the throttle unit and wiring for issues that may be falsely causing the turbocharger fault. This note is in reference to customer feedback, not official TSB or TPI documentation.

The bit in the special notes at the bottom is interesting and seems that the throttle unit could cause a code to be raised that may be misleading.