2nd Service, Rear tyre, inside excessive wear

giblets46

Reaction score
Hi all, just had my second service, 38k (1yr!), had a new stereo fitted, apparently a common fault ( kept sticking on playing a CD), nothing else major, except some deposits left on the inside of the rear windows frames.

More worrying, the inside of the rear (passenger) tyre appears badly worn ( only one, as the other was replaced recently after a puncture), have read elsewhere , that this is common with some Mk5 Golfs (same chasis), which requires laser alignment or something. Does anyone know anything about this being a problem on the A3? It is covered under Warranty?

More worrying, the inside of the rear (passenger) tyre appears badly worn ( only one, as the other was replaced recently after a puncture), have read elsewhere , that this is common with some Mk5 Golfs (same chasis), which requires laser alignment or something. Does anyone know anything about this being a problem on the A3? It is covered under Warranty?

I wen to get a couple of fronts about a month ago (at 12,000 miles), and found the inner edges of my rears were absolutely bald. Much worse than any part of front tyres. Tyre fitter said he saw this a lot. Seems to be part of the course.

I wen to get a couple of fronts about a month ago (at 12,000 miles), and found the inner edges of my rears were absolutely bald. Much worse than any part of front tyres. Tyre fitter said he saw this a lot. Seems to be part of the course.
My S3 also has 12000 miles and the inner thread of both fronts is almost worn I will give them max of 2000 miles left. The outside 1/3 is OK.

Rears are evenly worn... maybe a tiny bit more on the inside but nothing abnormal... But will recheck tomorrow!!

Pedro

My A3 had exposed cores at 21,000 inside edge of both fronts, also uneven wear on OS rear.

Audi Stafford did the laser alignment under warranty, would have cost £160.

Its because of the camber. You guys need some KW Adjustable Tie Bars to sort that out, they don't make any for my car. They do for the S3

just checked mine and the rears are worn evenly... fron tires on the inside have more wear but it is in both tires the same....

Pedro