1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd AVS done at Cameron's of Perth But.....

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by IanL-S3, Feb 9, 2005.

1. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

Just got my car back from Camerons in Perth after getting its 2nd AVS done which included brake fluid (hadn't been done before) and haldex even tho gearbox was only 3k miles old - replaced under warranty by previous owner as it had 2nd to 3rd crunch.

Wee old man came this morning to my work in Glasgow from Perth dropped off an A3 Sportback 1.6 SE (why would anyone buy this model! - but more of that in another thread)..

It was after 6pm when i got the car back - amazingly clean - so nobody there to answer my questions.....
    So i'm askiing you guys

1) why did they fill up the washer fluid - when i'd done it myself yesterday!!!
    2) more importantly why is it only showing 9300miles to next service? This seems rather short to me?

Total bill was just over 500 quid but i had a CV joint thingy!(argghh whats the word!!) replaced too.. £17.50 for part and 94.50 for labour!!! If i didn't need to car so badly would have taken it to an independent. But will write to RAC and ask them why they hadn't picked that up in their inspection before i had bought it....

Anyway - i'd say apart from that price pretty good service, becuase they called before doing any work and called to say when they would return my car etc.

Also they gave me an A3 rather than A2 which was nice. Although not turbo diesel, but the guy did apologise about that. Actually wee old man said he really liked my car for driving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

When i get old, i'm gonna get a job as a driver for a ferrari dealer....in fact i'd happily do that now!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So to recap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyone know why my car wants servicing in 9300 miles?

Cheers
  2. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

I'm sure that's back to the default setting until it learns your driving style / habits. Give it a 1000 miles or so and i'm sure it will be nearer 17 - 18k to service /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  3. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

Well thats the thing..it was driven back by that old bloke!! Maybe he was caning it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    I should have reset the DIS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  4. monty77

monty77 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Just got my car back from Camerons in Perth after getting its 2nd AVS done which included brake fluid (hadn't been done before) and haldex even tho gearbox was only 3k miles old - replaced under warranty by previous owner as it had 2nd to 3rd crunch.

Wee old man came this morning to my work in Glasgow from Perth dropped off an A3 Sportback 1.6 SE (why would anyone buy this model! - but more of that in another thread)..

It was after 6pm when i got the car back - amazingly clean - so nobody there to answer my questions.....
    So i'm askiing you guys

1) why did they fill up the washer fluid - when i'd done it myself yesterday!!!
    2) more importantly why is it only showing 9300miles to next service? This seems rather short to me?

Total bill was just over 500 quid but i had a CV joint thingy!(argghh whats the word!!) replaced too.. £17.50 for part and 94.50 for labour!!! If i didn't need to car so badly would have taken it to an independent. But will write to RAC and ask them why they hadn't picked that up in their inspection before i had bought it....

Anyway - i'd say apart from that price pretty good service, becuase they called before doing any work and called to say when they would return my car etc.

Also they gave me an A3 rather than A2 which was nice. Although not turbo diesel, but the guy did apologise about that. Actually wee old man said he really liked my car for driving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

When i get old, i'm gonna get a job as a driver for a ferrari dealer....in fact i'd happily do that now!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So to recap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyone know why my car wants servicing in 9300 miles?

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Because they're c*nts and not enough people bollock them for putting it on every service regardless

2) It will settle after a few miles

..gearbox/haldex are completely different units therefore have separate fluids.

A
  5. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

re 1) i'm gonna bollock them tomorrow....what's the most expensive screen wash you can buy? i'll claim i had that in it lOL

re 2) cheers - that's some peace of mind

re; haldex/gearbox. Sh*t - how stupid am i....i didn't even think about that. Glad i didn't decide not to get it done!! I should lose 500 posts for that stupid comment!!
  6. monty77

monty77 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    re 1) i'm gonna bollock them tomorrow....what's the most expensive screen wash you can buy? i'll claim i had that in it lOL

re 2) cheers - that's some peace of mind

re; haldex/gearbox. Sh*t - how stupid am i....i didn't even think about that. Glad i didn't decide not to get it done!! I should lose 500 posts for that stupid comment!!

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Good. Cant wait for mine to try it on, I love a good row in a crowded Audi dealership.

2) np

..dont be so harsh on yourself, 400 would suffice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A
  7. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

Got my £3 back for screen wash.No dramas either.

The first girl i spoke to said the guy driving it from glasgow to perth may have used it all, but she would get somebody from servicing to call me.(maybe i should have drained the courtesy car's oil, coolant and washer fluid!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
    I then got a lovely lady call me back and immedietely offer me a refund. i didn't have the heart to grass in the first girl i spoke to..

They were probably laughing about £3 saving. And so was i kinda, but better in my credit limit than in their bank balance.

Overall...i'd recommed Camerons to anybody doing a dealer (won't use S-word) service. Note they maybe be open to negotiating on price - depending on what other dealers in the area are charging.