2nd AVS and Oil

AL_B

Reaction score
Had my car in with the dealers (Links Audi Macclesfield) for it's 2nd AVS service, @ 34716 miles. Cost £498, including Haldex Oil and Filter change.

All was well, but when I asked for a litre of oil for top-up purposes, I was presented with some Shell Helix Ultra 5W30. I must have had a look of shock on my face, as they immediately started to explain.

Apparently they use this oil in all TT's S3's and RS's now, and it is "fully approved by Audi and meets all the specs". But they also said their "group" (smith knight fay) have switched to this oil, but depending on which other franchises/groups you visit you could end up with some other brand in your car e.g. mobil, castrol etc.

The only numbers on the back of the shell bottle were VW504.00 and VW507.00. No mention of the VW503.10 (?) which I think it is for the S3. (Correct me if I'm wrong, my memory is going with age)

So, has anyone else come across this oil? I expect it will be fine - just wondered.

Cheers

AL

Al Audi/VAg are chaging the specs supposedly to make it easier.

"oilman" posted recently what they were and IIRC 504.00 is the new name which includes 503.01