2g mmi firmware update for Navigation

quattro25years

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to update my 2g mmi navigation so I have the option of 2d or 3d maps.

I know you can buy the 3 discs for the 5570 update, BUT I ONLY WANT TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE for the NAVIGATION,

IS it possible to just update the navigation firmware ?

many thanks

Its not real 3D, only a birdseye overview on 2G.

If you're not having any problems with your current FW then I wouldn't bother updating.

Getting a new nav disc (ie 2013/14) will only update maps, nothing else. 2G will never support true 3D.

Hi a6chris ,

I know its only Birdseye view, but I would still like it.

Is it possible just update the navigation and nothing else (don't want to loose battery meter , etc)

Thanks

Why would you lose the battery meter, it just needs to be added back either using vcds or the mmi hidden menu after you do the firmware update.

To be honest, its crap. I keep mine in 2D view 100% of the time.

No. You either update MMI to 5570 or nothing at all. Battery meter will need re-enabling with VCDS if it disappears.

Buy genuine discs from Audi, don't download or get copies as they can be tempermental.

Hi,
Wouldn't risk buying copies or downloads.

Just need to find some one to do the update ,(not confident in doing it myself) - despite people saying its ok to do not bad etc..

By updating can it fry the Bluetooth module ? , and A/C disappearing from mmi screen

Thanks

Whether you or someone else does it theres still the same risk.

Only very very very early BT modules get bricked. AC can again, be re-enabled with VCDS by using the hidden menu.

The nav disc is clone/copied. Do not buy.

By the way, they're cheaper from Audi.

Just ask for 4L0 998 961

Cheers ,

Mines a 56 plate q7 built November 2006 -is this classed a very very early BT ?

If BT module gets fried , how much to replace?

don't know any one with vcds to re enable AC if disappears

I guess audi main delaer will want they pound of flesh if I take it there- that's if they will do it.

Will stay well clear.

Whether you or someone else does it theres still the same risk.

Only very very very early BT modules get bricked. AC can again, be re-enabled with VCDS by using the hidden menu.

The nav disc is clone/copied. Do not buy.

By the way, they're cheaper from Audi.

Just ask for 4L0 998 961

Cheers ,

Mines a 56 plate q7 built November 2006 -is this classed a very very early BT ?

If BT module gets fried , how much to replace?

don't know any one with vcds to re enable AC if disappears

I guess audi main delaer will want they pound of flesh if I take it there- that's if they will do it.

2G has been around since 2004. So A 56 will be fine.

BT modules are expensive but I wouldn't worry too much as it rarely happens.

VCDS user map on this forum will help you.