25th anniversary wheels

jimf

Reaction score
HELP!!!

I own a VW Golf 25th Anniversary addition.

Over the last year or so the condition of the limited edition BBS wheels has deteriorated really badly.They are now all peeling, it looks like they have had acid sprayed over them.
Someone has told me that this is a common fauly with them,Is this true?
Is there anywhere I can have them brought back to their former glory?
How much is it likley to cost?
Im in Tunbridge Wells in Kent.

Any advice is really welcome.

Thanks,

JimF.

HI Jim, it is a common problem, its because they are polished, and after a while they tend to corrode, giving it the effect they have....

There are plenty of places that will refurb them for you, you are probably looking between £40-£100 per wheel, it might be worth looking into different colours too...

Hopefully that will clear things up for you.

Cheers
Nilz

Thanks for that.
I,ve seen a couple with black refurbs tha look quite good so thats always an option.

Have a look on Ebay, there is a guy that does those wheels in every colour under the sun, if i can find the link, i will post it up, but some of his finishes are really good!!

A professional refurber (if this even a word) can help you dude. I agree with costing you a 40-100 but not over it. I hope everything looks like when they finish.

black chrome is the best mate :D

They look awesome and my cusins red anni has the wheels refurbs in that colour.

and yes, very common prob. Vw repalced a few when teh anni was new but they dont do anything now as they blame it on road grit..

Best place & actually many have said in the business is spit and polish who from what I recall are down road from you in Tonbridge mate, give them a shout as there yocals.