255x35x19

S3-Chris

If its not broke....break it!!
Reaction score
Right.... I need to buy 4 tyres, 255x35x19.

What do you guys recommend value for money - decent grip in the wet, and something that doesnt need replaced after 12,000 miles.

looking to spend - £550 max for a set of 4.

Been offered Nexens - but never used them before, I know Toyos are good - can get them, but unsure of what mileage i would get, can get Uniroyals also.

Never been a tyre pervert before but want decent ones for my new audi!

they will be getting fitted on a A4 2.0tdi B8.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

For that size I think you might struggle to get a decent set of 4 if you are talking Goodyear, toyo etc. Goodyear Eagle F1x4 is like £615+ as is Toyo.

Get the best you can, as they're your ONLY contact with the road.
Raise the budget and go with the Goodyear F1's.

Reactions: RobbieWebs and razza1
Just got 4x Toyo Proxes T1 Sport - 255x35x19 - £425 delivered!! couldnt believe the deal!
From tyreleader.co.uk

Reactions: desertstorm, 45bvtc, V6 Quatt and 1 other person
Just replaced mine last week. 4 x Falken FK453. Fitted for £560 was doing my head in looking for better deal. Price difference between 235 and 255 is crazy, hence why the previous owner stretched them on to my rotors no doubt. Happy with these though, so far.

Reactions: S3-Chris
Dunlop sport maxx gt for me, great all round tyre, low noise, no tramlining, good wear and good grip wet/dry

Have you looked at Hankooks? I think these are top end of the mid range if you know what I mean, OEM on a lot of VW's now. Not looked into price admittedly but by all accounts a very respectable tyre.

I recently put 4 michelin pilot super sports on my s4, prefer them to the standard dunlops....

327 a pair

I ran Vredestien Ultrac Sessanta on the BMW and they lasted well, good grip wet and dry, good ride comfort.
Chose these over Hankook, but am also running Hankook winter tyres....
I've Pirelli P-Zero on the A5 and they're good but I'd guess they'll be expensive to replace like for like.

Just got 4x Toyo Proxes T1 Sport - 255x35x19 - £425 delivered!! couldnt believe the deal!
From tyreleader.co.uk
Thanks for the link they do look like good prices. I used Toyo Proxes T1 on my Passat and was impressed with the grip and performance, However I found the tyres a bit soft when it came to wear, But at those prices they are worth a go.
Karl.

I use tyre leader. Shipped from Germany and price can't be beaten.
I also agree on proxies, used to run them as a track day tyre and were very soft. And wore quickly.