1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24hour Test Drive

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by Leeecs, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Leeecs

Leeecs Member

[Jan 2, 2013]
    All,

Do Audi allow 24h test drives? I'm looking to get a new S5 and was wondering if audi let you take one home for the night? BMW dealers do 24h loans and have a few mates that have had that recently. Don't know anyone who has managed to get one from audi though

cheers
    Lee
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. NICK-C

NICK-C Nick

[Jan 2, 2013]
    I know they do extended test drives, but it may only be for a few hours and not overnight, however it is unacompanied. They did offer me one when I test drove an A5 but it depends if they have a demo/loan car available. At the time I had to go for the accompanied drive as the car wasnt taxed so had to have trade plates and the sales guy came out with me, although I got to give it a good drive on a mix of roads and give it 'some beans'. Would have been better if I could have had it for a few hours but needed to get my order sorted.
  4. Leeecs

Leeecs Member

[Jan 2, 2013]
    Cool thanks. Just dropped the sales guy an email asking if I could take one out unaccompanied for an hour or so....hopefully they will have a demo available.
  5. NICK-C

NICK-C Nick

[Jan 2, 2013]
    Hope they have one you can test mate. I was going to go for an S5 but in the end had to compromise and go for the 3.0Tdi due to fuel consumption and CO2 for car tax!
  6. Leeecs

Leeecs Member

[Jan 3, 2013]
    No joy, offered an S6 as a similar alternative for an 30min accompanied test drive...

What was the lead time on your A5? I'll probably get a fair few options but hopefully wont be waiting for ages...

Cheers
  7. NICK-C

NICK-C Nick

[Jan 3, 2013]
    That's a bit of a sh*te, where abouts are you, have you tried more than one dealer, if you have others close enough?

I ordered my A5 in October and I am hoping (fingers crossed) to collect end of this month. I have been told build week has been confirmed as week 2 (which I beleive is next week) so hope it is all on time. Basically about 4 months, which is what I was quoted. I think he said about 4 months for an S5 at the time as well, but dates can change.
  8. Leeecs

Leeecs Member

[Jan 3, 2013]
    I'm down in Bristol so quite a few dealers around here (though think they are pretty much all owned by the same group).
    Gonna ask if they can get Audi UK to send them an S5 demo...even a 30min spin is better than nothing.

Mate, must of felt like a long 4 months. Hope you get your car soon..

Lee
  9. NICK-C

NICK-C Nick

[Jan 3, 2013]
    Cheers Lee,

Yep a 30 minute spin would be better than nothing and as long as you can get a test on a few types of roads then it will give you a good feel for the car.

It has felt pretty long, but to be honest I wasn't due to change until August this year but after doing research and a lot of sums it was cheaper to hand the S3 back and order the A5 early, so I can't complain. I am off to China soon as well so that will take my mind off the waiting for a bit lol!
    Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Nick