24 Hour Le Mans

Reaction score
Did anyone go to the race this weekend. We had a family holiday to Brittany and decided to travel via Le Mans on the way back. The only problem was, I hadn't realised the race was on, so we only got a looking on Friday because we had to catch the train Saturday morning.:keule:

The atmosphere was amazing around the area and I really wanted to go in to the circuit, but couldn't justify the 60 euros/person (weekend ticket) for the family to go in for a couple of hours. There were some nice cars around though; I saw 3 GT40's as we were trying to go through the tolls. I couldn't believe how many british number plates there were though, especially Ferrari's.

I see it was an Audi 1,2,3.

I was there, Camping on Nord Bleu.

Fantastic 5 days.

Going back was fun, bridges lined with people waving at british plates.

You weren't with the crowd of people on Boulevard Des Italiens with their Supersoakers giving anyone with their roof down or windows open a right drenching. Luckily for aircon, my windows remained securely closed, although my eldest in the back was trying to open his!

I definately want to arrange to go again to watch the race this time. What amazed me was that we went to the car show on the other side of town, parked in a field with everyone else, then looked at the cars... with no parking charges or admission fee. Then we went to the circuit and again parked on the road free of charge. If that was Britain, we would have had to pay for everything...including the race ticket!

Last edited:
It's so brilliantly done, it's fantastic! But no, I wasn't involved with any soakings.
If anything mad friday was quite lame this year. A real shame, it really used to set the mood for the weekend.
What I love is, when i was walking from Nord Bleu to the circuit. Through a dirty wet field, it was filled with anything from a Renault Twingo to a F430 Scuderia.

Yeah. A Maserati parked up next to us just after we arrived, but more impressive was a customised mat black Nissan 350 GT. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo.