1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Just wondering if there was anybody on the forum running 20s on 225/30/20? Just wondering what the general drive was like, handling, everyday coping with uk roads etc? I would love 20s, but 19s are more practical I feel. I do alot of motorway miles and enjoy "spirited" driving also.

Thanks

2. sat1983

sat1983 Member

Can't see 20s looking good on an A3. The ride is seriously affected on 19s already so dread to think what it'd be like on 20s!

3. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

Dont go sueing the council when you wreck the wheels in a tiny pothole they need that money to mend the potholes in the first place

4. Boydie

Boydie Guest

19s and lowered is enough lad in my opinion

I dont think the 19s have affected my car that much to be honest but we will soon see if i decide to put my 17s back on for winter

5. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Please, not an A3.:blownose:

6. benw123

benw123 Moderator

Agree - it's not the right car. A guy in my street has a black Dodge Ram 1500 pick-up with chromed 20" rims and they suit this monster.

7. Mikey

Mikey Member

IMO even 19's are too big for a A3 so 20's would be plain stupid.

8. Tommy1finger

Tommy1finger Member

If you lower your car enough, 19's look just fine:salute: A few examples from the States:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A3 sportback on 20's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally here is my car on 19's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. N8

That was a wonderful post, thank you very much. Don't worry guys I'm gettin 19s. Some of those sportbacks look absolutley GORGEOUS!!! Thank you very much.

10. Tommy1finger

Tommy1finger Member

Glad I could help out making your decision. IMO 19's are just the right size for the A3. 18's are too small, 20's are a little too much, it can be done and look stunning if you have a deep enough wallet.....

Looking forward to see pictures of your ride with your new wheels...:icon_thumright:

Check out these forums for ideas:

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zeroforum?id=548

http://www.audizine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

With the $US being so low even with shipping to the UK you should find some killer deals on parts for your car....

11. N8

You really are a great help!! Don't worry I can't wait till my ride is built!! Don't worry I will be one of the heaviest modders on this forum and my A3 will be one of the nicest, I hope!!!

Thanks again

12. s3avo

s3avo .

please dont ruin an a3 im begging..:crying:

13. N8

No, in terms on money spent. I won't ruin it, I'll release its potential. honest!!!