205/55/16 - which car?

Reaction score
A bit of general advice, but this is my usual stomping ground, so figured it would be a good place to start: I've got 4 x Hankook Ventus V12 tyres with a fair amount of tread left on them that I'm looking to sell somewhere... but what market should I be aiming at? A4 B6's should have 215/55/16, so these are a shade too small.

Do any of the A3's / A4-B5's take this size or am I off onto eBay to flog it to the Ford/Vauxhaul crowd?

Last edited:
erm.... doh! I just had a look at the A3 8L that's parked all of 3 feet from my front door... it's on 205/55/16's (although they're all still on pretty deep tread, so that's not going to be the recipient):

I assume that's OEM size for 8L's?

Any other Audi / VAG's use this size?

Also... where's the Classifieds gone?!?

Last edited:
I 'think' the very basic 1.6 and 1.8T B6's came with this size as standard, Parkers show upgrading to a 215/55 x 16 tyre as a £120 option.

good ole Audi and their options....

any idea what happened to the Classifieds? I need to flog my old tyres (i.e. those 4x Hankooks)

Also got a brand new Semperit 215/55/16 that was the spare...

Last edited:
Not really, never use them although I keep meaning to try.

WW3 is about to erupt HERE though ....

he he.... oh what fun... there was me thinking I had the odd rant... I think FactionOne wins that prize (not that I'm saying he doesn't have a point).... just that either he has a LOT of time on his hands or can type frickin' quickly!!!

I think the jist of it was "Classifieds" = "under re-development"....

Never thought they were that bad: but as a way of listing stuff for free (especially if you're not in a MAJOR rush), they really are quite useful.

Yes I agree, I've just sent a PM about the classifieds as I've got a couple of bits and bob's I'd like to shift on.

I think some people need to remember that whilst this is a great resource for all of us, that it is also totally free to use, so to rant and rave and demand, and throw your weight about is a bit rich IMO.

Chris, are the 205 tyres the ones that came with your car on the 16" Trapeze alloys?

I've found the classifieds!

Scroll down in the forum main page, below A4's, below technical forums and below events, to THE TRADING POST and there they are!