1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

205 1.9 GTi

Beerzo Jan 21, 2007

?

Sub Zero, Cool, Uncool or Seriously Uncool

1. Sub Zero

58 vote(s)
    34.7%
  2. Cool

87 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Uncool

11 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. Seriously Uncool

11 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

1.9 205 GTi is still in my opinion one of those cars that's just an absolute hoot to drive. A nice example that's not been bounced of a lamp post is a very cool car.

2. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

The 205 is one ugly little frogmobile. Seriously uncool, sorry lads. (well not sorry exactly, cos I meant it, but hey :) )

It was fast in its day, but even if a dog turd could propel itself at 125mph, it would still be a dog turd...

Peugot = :puke2:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
  3. telaudi1

telaudi1 New Member

ive had 6 205 gti's i love em, realy fun cars i would still have another one

4. steviet

steviet Member

Heres my old pug!...loved it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's! Supporter

My love for 205 GTI's is infinite !

I've been there and done that, heres my old one through its various stages (it ended up all black), it had Billies' all round Group N ARB and drop links, adjustable lower arms, a full quick shift kit (it took me an age to find the lever!), cam and induction kit, it sounded looooovely! -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It didn't end very well (this was the week before christmas), so my only advice is do NOT crash haha ! Ironically my mum had bought me a Roll Cage for christmas :(...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

However, I would buy another one in a flash ! anybody who says they are unreliable is simply wrong, I used mine to travel from Basingstoke to Plymouth to see my girlfriend twice a week and I used to bang it up to triple figures and murder it all the way there and it never missed a beat!

Ever owned one ? I'm guessing not by your gun hoe uneducated attitude...

6. head

head Member

loved these cars

7. GeneralWest

GeneralWest Member

The 205 GTi is definitely cool. I used to have a 1.6Gti, it was completly standard but still so much fun on twisty country roads. There was a new squeak or rattle every day but it never let me down.

8. StuG808

StuG808 1.9tdi130 Avant FailWheelDrive

Cool cars. I had a 1.6GTI and later fitted the 1.9 engine into it (my ancient guide to the engine swap is still on 205gtidrivers website which I put more effort into writing that countless essays and dissertations!).

9. DALE_AVANT

DALE_AVANT Member Audi A4 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group

Stunning example :respekt:

I had 4 205's too, 2 white GTi's, 1 black GTi, and one red XS - loved them all.

Also had a couple of 106's and a couple of 306's lol

10. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing Supporter

pug 205 1.9gti,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fantastic brakes! quite pokey,very french and flimsey!

that is all!