Facelift 2018 RS3 Grill a direct replacement to 2017 S3?

HulkRS3

Kyalami RS3 Saloon
Reaction score
Hi All

Have the chance of the new RS3 grill for my 2017 S3 quite cheap but just wondering if it's a direct replacement or am I going to have to start butchering parts to make it fit?

Cheers

Reactions: CarloS3
Hi All

Have the chance of the new RS3 grill for my 2017 S3 quite cheap but just wondering if it's a direct replacement or am I going to have to start butchering parts to make it fit?

Cheers
I'll be supremely jealous if it is haha, dying to change my grille but the oem price is insane and no aftermarket atm

Hi All

Cheers
It does require some trimming of the lugs on the bumper its self, due to the locating lugs being in different places. Only need to do this across the bottom, then you need the trim the inner side on the grille its self so it doesnt interfere with the lower black section which fits underneath. Its fairly self explanatory once the grille is fitted, you will see what parts you need to trim. Daunting as neither bumper or grille is to cheap to replace, but definitely worth it.
35bbd15138271ef4982a6dcdcdfc9d45.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: rvtb101, Tzsteve, AL_B and 4 others
It does require some trimming of the lugs on the bumper its self, due to the locating lugs being in different places. Only need to do this across the bottom, then you need the trim the inner side on the grille its self so it doesnt interfere with the lower black section which fits underneath. Its fairly self explanatory once the grille is fitted, you will see what parts you need to trim. Daunting as neither bumper or grille is to cheap to replace, but definitely worth it.
35bbd15138271ef4982a6dcdcdfc9d45.jpg

Any chance you know the part number for the cover behind the grill that covers the reinforcement bar I believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance you know the part number for the cover behind the grill that covers the reinforcement bar I believe?

I dont unfortunately. My parts dealer is quite good at finding things for me. Best thing to do is call tps with a reg from a facelift RS3 and it should be very easy to locate

Like wise seems not much info floating around.... I’ll make sure to do a DIY write up on here

I have a pre 2017 model and am replacing the equivalent grill .is it a bumper off job or can it be done with the bumper in situ?

Just did the mod :)

b0c448cf0fbfc5c2c5b22c6af6152e15.jpg

Reactions: rvtb101, Alva78, larbel and 2 others
Those who have done the RS3 grill install, did you remove the foam on the crash bar or leave it on?

had no choice to remove it the foam ,would not fit post fitting.had to cable tie the air bag sensor to the grill just below the number plate holder

Reactions: john_jre