2018 RS3 Exhaust Delete Plugs + Loop

I'm leaving mine plugged in until Audi resolve this issue, Although I'm waiting for confirmation it is actually a new part as some have had it replaced and still had the issue.

Saying that, I am getting paint flake off the exhaust now so i'm very pi**ed off as it is!

Will let you know what happens Monday. I will try and remember to ask them to compare numbers.

Honestly I can’t see them replacing the tips when they flake next time, it will happen again.

Will let you know what happens Monday. I will try and remember to ask them to compare numbers.

Honestly I can’t see them replacing the tips when they flake next time, it will happen again.

Thanks mate,

Oh they will, I haven't paid £50k for a car, to just accept that paint comes off after 4000 miles!

Reactions: NevMan
Thanks mate,

Oh they will, I haven't paid £50k for a car, to just accept that paint comes off after 4000 miles!

Good luck, I’ve alresdy accepted pretty much that they won’t do it again :( I can’t see Audi wanting to pay £1400 for flaking tips.

Yep not acceptable, my chrome tips are pitting Audi will not touch it.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Yep not acceptable, my chrome tips are pitting Audi will not touch it.

I think that is a different issue, I had chrome on my S3 and S5, and the exhaust build up cause the appearance of pitting, It's more understandable they won't touch it. But paint actually coming off and exposing the finish below, that's a QC issue in my book and they will fix it. Especially if enough of us kick up a fuss.

Reactions: Phil3 and AudiNutta
I think that is a different issue, I had chrome on my S3 and S5, and the exhaust build up cause the appearance of pitting, It's more understandable they won't touch it. But paint actually coming off and exposing the finish below, that's a QC issue in my book and they will fix it. Especially if enough of us kick up a fuss.
Fair do’s mate, here what your saying but never experienced it on my TTS tips so it’s in fact inferior chrome platting being applied to these tips. Good luck with your paint issues but I fear Audi are not going to be at all bothered by it like other known faults.

Just start up leave it in park and cycle through to Dynamic mode, you will hear the valves open, then just unplug.

This is what mine sounds like now with valves unplugged.

Where did you buy your black Audi badges from?

Do you take off the originals or do they clip on top?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly question, does the car need to be left on after flicking to dynamic? Do the valves stay open if I switch it off?

Had a look at fitting them earlier as after @AudiNutta’s experience at Cardiff i’m not confident with getting my exhaust rattle fixed anyway. But a face full of exhaust fumes will be lovely when trying to fit these if I need to leave the car on! :tearsofjoy:

Silly question, does the car need to be left on after flicking to dynamic? Do the valves stay open if I switch it off?

Had a look at fitting them earlier as after @AudiNutta’s experience at Cardiff i’m not confident with getting my exhaust rattle fixed anyway. But a face full of exhaust fumes will be lovely when trying to fit these if I need to leave the car on! :tearsofjoy:

Every time the ignition is off, it returns to a neutral mode and has to be changed when you get back in. However if it’s comfort I think it sticks, Sport modes revert.

It isn’t that bad haha, if you have a trolley jack I’d lift the one wheel off of the ground and that way you have enough clearance to get your head under.

Reactions: Phil3
Anyone put theirs on yet? I am looking at doing mine shortly, seeing as the cold start feature isn't going to go away, and they cannot possibly argue flaking exhaust tips due to this mod!

Anyone put theirs on yet? I am looking at doing mine shortly, seeing as the cold start feature isn't going to go away, and they cannot possibly argue flaking exhaust tips due to this mod!

Just this minute done mine... pretty straight forward as people have said! Audi have tried their best to make the passengers said as fiddly as possible to get too haha but all fitted and cable tied out the way now :icon thumright:

Reactions: JamesCrs3
Just this minute done mine... pretty straight forward as people have said! Audi have tried their best to make the passengers said as fiddly as possible to get too haha but all fitted and cable tied out the way now :icon thumright:

What process did you follow for ensuring the valves were both open mate? how does it sound? did you prop the car up or manage to get under easy enough? excited for mine now :)

I managed to slide under and unplugged mine without jacking up the car. The one thing I would say is look how the plugs will plug together and how the locking clip works the. You can do it by feel.

What process did you follow for ensuring the valves were both open mate? how does it sound? did you prop the car up or manage to get under easy enough? excited for mine now :)

Jacked the car up one side (just for ease)
Checked location the of the plugs
Start car
Switch drive mode to Dynamic
Unplug valve
Plug in deletes
Turn off car
Cable tie plugs out the way

...jobs a good’n

Not a huge difference but definitely notable, just gives it that deeper sportier sound while at lower speeds! For the price and ease of the job, I’m happy with it :sunglasses:

Met with @AudiNutta yesterday who kindly fitted my valve delete plugs as he had a jack handy. Makes a good bit of difference at lower speeds, sounds deeper with a fairly noticeable increase in volume. Cold start this morning was just pure ASBO. Love it.

Reactions: jungle650, AudiNutta, billymc92 and 1 other person
Met with @AudiNutta yesterday who kindly fitted my valve delete plugs as he had a jack handy. Makes a good bit of difference at lower speeds, sounds deeper with a fairly noticeable increase in volume. Cold start this morning was just pure ASBO. Love it.

Pleasure to meet you bud! Glad you’re happy.

Reactions: Callump01 and jungle650
Are we any closer on knowing if BOTH valves are open with these, I saw somewhere and it was @terminator x I think who backed it up, that only one valve is open until 3k revs. So this would be impossible to do???

Good luck, I’ve alresdy accepted pretty much that they won’t do it again :( I can’t see Audi wanting to pay £1400 for flaking tips.

They should fix it for sure.

I really don't know how the business works in this area but shouldn't it be Audis subcontractors who is "paying the bill" when stuff fail that Audi is not producing?

Not that I care when my car is broken but interesting to know nevertheless.

Reactions: AudiNutta
I attempted to purchase these valve delete plugs but got a message from supplier that they are not for the US market FLRS3.

Anyone here from the States know of a solution of us?

Just pick up an old topic...Somebody already have some experience with this?
Only thing I can say, do not unplug the valves when your engine is running.
It creates an error code that causes the engine to have some loss of end power.
If you want to be sure that both valves are open without running the engine,
first look in the exhausts with a mirror and flashlight.
You can clearly see that both valves are open.

Reactions: Terminator x
Nobody really wants to post a review here. @T-800.. did you use this plugs?
Is it certain that if you use this method there is no error anymore?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk

I’m having an issue at the moment.

If both of my cancellers are plugged in, I get a fault on the left valve.. if I only plug one in, the faults appear on the appropriate valve as you’d expect.

The company are fantastic though and are trying to get it sorted with me, I have another set waiting in the house to test.

Apparently after they started supplying they realised the US models had a different configuration or something and they had to change them?

If you unplug valves and the car logs an error it will pull the power higher in the rev range, power graphs on this forum prove it.

Reactions: Terminator x
I’m having an issue at the moment.

If both of my cancellers are plugged in, I get a fault on the left valve.. if I only plug one in, the faults appear on the appropriate valve as you’d expect.

The company are fantastic though and are trying to get it sorted with me, I have another set waiting in the house to test.

Apparently after they started supplying they realised the US models had a different configuration or something and they had to change them?

I second this, have the same issue. I wonder how many others do without realising it?

I’ve had the delete plugs in for months... how do I check for errors and I’ll let yous know?

If you unplug valves and the car logs an error it will pull the power higher in the rev range, power graphs on this forum prove it.
Is it not different and you lose power ..

You’d have to run a scan with VCDS, Carista or alike...

I’ve got an old ScanGauge, I used to use on cars a few years back... recon that’ll work? I’ll give it a try... next, where’s the port to plug it into on the RS3 :sweatsmile:

I’ve got an old ScanGauge, I used to use on cars a few years back... recon that’ll work? I’ll give it a try... next, where’s the port to plug it into on the RS3 :sweatsmile:

Definitely worth a crack, clear the faults if you can and check again.

The left valve fault is 19301 and the right is 19305.

Definitely worth a crack, clear the faults if you can and check again.

The left valve fault is 19301 and the right is 19305.

Will see what I can find tomorrow and report back mate :icon thumright:

Reactions: AudiNutta and Doohie
I have both plugs on my car, and also have OBD11, no faults at all with the plugs in use. I've checked. I've even had the car services, no faults on the print out when I got the car back either.

Definitely DID have the fault on both valves when I used to just run them unplugged, so these work.

I also discovered a trick for connecting them. Turn on car, cycle through to dynamic, listen to the valves open. Turn off car, valves will still be open.

Only when you turn on the car again will the valves close in the instant before start up.

So, to use these plugs, cycle to dynamic, turn off car, connect away.

So managed to have my valves unplugged today on my FL. I am potentially the least mechanically-minded person so I thought why do it myself whenever I could have someone do it for me who knows what they’re doing.

Took it down to the local Tuners and had them take them out and secure them etc. Also played with the ECU to ensure no error codes were generated.

Initially I turned the car off and they carried it out, they completed the job and revved the car only for me to realise oh s**t that sounds like it’s in comfort...oops. So take II we started the car, cycled it round to dynamic so that the valves were open and both sides disconnected while it was in dynamic.

So from what I can understand at the moment- and this is only a few hours in. It does seem a little bit louder, I have had the windows down and can’t hear the valves opening and closing the way you would in stop-start traffic. I did take it up through my local town and gave it the beans in manual and Jesus Christ it is loud especially with the noise reverberating off buildings.

Also the engine note sounds the same as dynamic in comfort and auto now but without the pops and crackles, these still remain in dynamic. However I’ve noticed the car doesn’t have the same ‘rumble’ that was emitted from the exhaust whenever you cycled round to dynamic, i very much enjoyed that noise as it was the quintessential 5 pot warble. Would it be interested to hear if others have noticed this (AudiNutta looking at you for this one).

Very much looking forward to my first cold start...

So managed to have my valves unplugged today on my FL. I am potentially the least mechanically-minded person so I thought why do it myself whenever I could have someone do it for me who knows what they’re doing.

Took it down to the local Tuners and had them take them out and secure them etc. Also played with the ECU to ensure no error codes were generated.

Initially I turned the car off and they carried it out, they completed the job and revved the car only for me to realise oh s**t that sounds like it’s in comfort...oops. So take II we started the car, cycled it round to dynamic so that the valves were open and both sides disconnected while it was in dynamic.

So from what I can understand at the moment- and this is only a few hours in. It does seem a little bit louder, I have had the windows down and can’t hear the valves opening and closing the way you would in stop-start traffic. I did take it up through my local town and gave it the beans in manual and Jesus Christ it is loud especially with the noise reverberating off buildings.

Also the engine note sounds the same as dynamic in comfort and auto now but without the pops and crackles, these still remain in dynamic. However I’ve noticed the car doesn’t have the same ‘rumble’ that was emitted from the exhaust whenever you cycled round to dynamic, i very much enjoyed that noise as it was the quintessential 5 pot warble. Would it be interested to hear if others have noticed this (AudiNutta looking at you for this one).

Very much looking forward to my first cold start...

It has to just be the difference in tone you aren’t hearing that’s making you think there isn’t any rumble. The exhaust note does change slightly between comfort and dynamic with the valves unplugged, I think if anything in comfort it is a little raspier.

I wouldn’t worry, the modes will be changing as it should.

Will see what I can find tomorrow and report back mate :icon thumright:

Ratched the ScanGauge out finally... off out for the day though so will get round to checking for faults tomorrow

Reactions: Doohie and AudiNutta