1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 Black to Chrome Grill Swap

robbyman Oct 11, 2017

1. robbyman

robbyman New Member

I have found the perfect S3 for me although it is a black edition and I prefer chrome.

My options I think are having window trim/roof bars rapped or painted. I am ok with this.

However, the cost of the grill, sides and rear diffuser are quite high.

Do you think anybody would want to swap their chrome for a back edition or would ebay be the best way to get some money back.

Thanks,

rob

2. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S3 Black Edition

Wait or search for longer for the perfect S3 with chrome trim that's straight from the factory.....aftermarket trim coverings would never looks as good as the real thing

3. Timi8888

Timi8888 Active Member Team Daytona Audi S3 s tronic

Whats perfect about the S3 you have found, is it a rare colour or does it have certain options?

Definitely worth waiting to find a non BE. BE will cost you more to buy, and turning it chrome would de-value the car when it comes to selling.

4. robbyman

robbyman New Member

The car is Kingfisher blue and has hill hold assist and lumber support, the only two options I want. Plus light blue is my favourite colour.

5. jassyo06

Keep the black optics on the car if it's in kingfisher blue it will look better , the car is a pre - face lift car then, your first person l have come across wanting to change from black to chrome

Kingfisher with the black styling pack l actually took this photo in glasgow Audi's showroom DSC_0299.JPG

rnm37 and Schizophonic like this.
  6. paradigital

paradigital Well-Known Member Team Navarra quattro S3 Saloon s tronic

Make that two people. I really REALLY don't understand the lust for the black styling pack, it just looks half-finished. Worse still are those people who think black wheels look anything other than terrible.

Neil C and Rideen like this.
  7. Rideen

Rideen Active Member Audi A3 Team Brilliant Black TDi saloon Manual

Chrome for darker colors, black for lighter for me.

8. rnm37

rnm37 New Member

I think the Black Edition just makes the car look a bit more "edgy" and aggressive tbh. I changed the grill on mine to a black edition and it changed the look of the car completely.

Also, have the original black edition rotor alloys completely disappeared off A3s? I put them on mine about a year ago and love the look, but I genuinely think I'm the only person in the country with these style of wheels on an 8V. You still see them on new A6s/A7s.

9. robbyman

robbyman New Member

Did you like the colour?

10. moonlight

moonlight Well-Known Member Team Daytona Team Floret Silver Audi A3

I wouldn't advise attempting to swap BE for chrome....to use one of Jassy's favourite terms it would look gash (lol)..time, effort and re-sale.

Now I do actually prefer chrome...from a distance...but BE on closer inspection is actually quite palatable...KB and BE work really well together IMO...if it's the colour you want with the right spec I'd snap it up...chances are you'll start to love the black once it's yours..and presumably there aint a plethora of KBs about.

Jassy's pic is a beauty..get it bought upload_2017-10-12_16-17-7.png

jassyo06 likes this.
  11. jassyo06

Thats my photo as well.....lol....great contributor to Google images....lol

Tom.H likes this.
  12. jassyo06

Kingfisher Blue is a stunning colour and very rare on the A3/S3....It has a strong pearlescent theme running through it

13. Tom.H

Tom.H Well-Known Member Audi S3 Black Edition s tronic Team Ara Blue

Looks like Ara

jassyo06 likes this.
  14. jassyo06

BIT LIGHTER...AND NICER THAN ARA mate........lol.

Tom.H likes this.
  15. jassyo06

Lets rename it KingArapang Bleu.......lol

Tom.H likes this.
  16. robbyman

robbyman New Member

Got a deposit down the car is mine, very well specced as well. Just the problem with the black trim.

I cannot believe there are not more wanting to swap their chrome for the black!

Got hill hold assist and lumbar. Just try getting those together used! B&O sound is just a bonus.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  17. Tom.H

Tom.H Well-Known Member Audi S3 Black Edition s tronic Team Ara Blue

You'll probably find it's more thank likely that those of us with the black bought the cars for that reason lol

18. jassyo06

Yer never in a million years gonna get a USED Exclusive Colour S3 in you in ldeal spec and at the right price mate.....so grab whilst you can if the colour is you first priority,OTHERWISE FORGET IT

19. moonlight

moonlight Well-Known Member Team Daytona Team Floret Silver Audi A3

Ha...yeah ..I spotted it was your handy camera work when it popped up on google.....any car ..any woman can be found on good ole google...women in cars..women on cars..cars in ..oh wait on

jassyo06 likes this.
  20. Dan Halen

Dan Halen Member Team Vegas Yellow

Truth. Like mine, that came with chrome trim instead of black trim.

I'd be inclined to swap over all of my chrome for black, robbyman. Problem is, you and I are a very large body of water apart (and I suspect yours isn't a saloon, either). Oh well.