1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 A3 8V MMI Upgrade from Non-Nav to Navigation

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by sanrivera, May 1, 2014.

1. sanrivera

sanrivera Member

I am located in the US and recently purchased a 2015 A3 8V with the non-nav MMI unit. I am looking to upgrade to add navigation.

The unit I am considering purchasing the main unit, navigation control unit with touch pad, high resolution display and GPS antenna.

1) First and most important - do I need to physically upgrade the main unit in order to activate nav? Someone has mentioned that I do not need to purchase a new main unit.

If I do need to upgrade the main unit:
    1) Does anyone have any experience upgrading the A3 8V? Can you please help with the steps and installation process?
    2) Do I need to visit the dealer to re-program?
    3) Do I need any additional parts?
    4) Can Audi Connect be used?

Separate question:
    Since I already have the MMI unit, can I add a backup camera to the system such that it is visible on the LCD?

Please help!! It is much appreciated!

Please excuse my newness to the forum!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sanrivera

sanrivera Member

I should add that the US just launched the 8V A3, but it is essentially the same car launched in Europe as the 2013-2014 models.

So, anyone with experience or know-how regarding adding nav to the 2013-2015 8V A3, please comment!