Q7 2014 (64) Q7 3.0 TDI Cold Start

PetrolAholic

Reaction score
Hi All.
Just hoping if someone can help me before I contact the dealer as they'll just want the car for a day to "diagnose" anything!

Here goes. I have a Q7 2014 (64 Plate) which I bought earlier this year with 6k miles on the clock, now has 11k on it and just recently i've noticed that when I go out in the mornings to go to work I get in and (as I have keyless start) foot on the brake and press the start button. And the engine attempts to start. It starts every time without fail but it just sounds like the battery is nearly flat when it cranks over, when I get to work and leave it there for 8 hours and start it to come home it's absolutely fine. It's almost as if i've left the interior light on overnight or something (don't know if that's possible but i'm sure you know what I mean).

I did manage to flattern the battery once (when I had around 8k miles on the clock) when I went on holiday, I plugged in a 12v fridge and left it overnight and thought the battery could handle it as I've done it on previous cars i've owned for many years.

Do I need to contact the dealer or is it something every other owner experiences?

I have an A7 3.0 biturbo as well and that doesn't haver the issue?

You have a warranty, use it! Let them deal with it rather than pulling your hair out.

I know but I don't like calling unnecessary, I have a rattle in my passenger door they could sort out as well when I turn the music up "loud" it annoys the hell out of me!

They get paid for the warranty work anyway so you're not making it an inconvenience.

Point taken, i'll have a chat later to the local dealer. Just have my gas mask ready if I need to drop the car in, so many VW derived diesels in one area can't be healthy!