2014 2.0 TDI 150 PS Dyno Results

ABYSS

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
We headed to the dyno this morning with a Manual MK7 Vw Golf 2.0 TDI 150ps, our customer has been running the CRDT for a few weeks now and has been over the moon

I'll let the graph do the talking

image_zps9dd8c901.jpg

196.1bhp and 327.8lbft/445nm

Hi Andrew,

I have this tuning box on my 2.0 tdi 150 Saloon and wondered what setting this graph has been produced using?

So far i have tried Map 1 and 2, both have been quite differcult to drive with, in slow traffic its quite jerky so have blanked it for now as the wife say's the car is not very nice to drive. Also when reving the engine to say 3.5rpm it kicks back for a second.

cheers

Hi Andrew,

I have this tuning box on my 2.0 tdi 150 Saloon and wondered what setting this graph has been produced using?

So far i have tried Map 1 and 2, both have been quite differcult to drive with, in slow traffic its quite jerky so have blanked it for now as the wife say's the car is not very nice to drive. Also when reving the engine to say 3.5rpm it kicks back for a second.

cheers

It was the CRDT on map 4 plus 1, depending on when you purchased the kit, you may not have the latest software

Hi Andrew,

I have since tried on map 4 plus 1 and it is much better in terms of smoothness, selecting drive select to comfort seems to work best on it.

Very pleased with it now.

It was purchased in August last year.

cheers
Simon

Reactions: dieseldoug
Hi Andrew,

I have since tried on map 4 plus 1 and it is much better in terms of smoothness, selecting drive select to comfort seems to work best on it.

Very pleased with it now.

It was purchased in August last year.

cheers
Simon

Drop me an email with a photo of then coloured graphs we sent and I'll see what software you have on there

Very nice. Is this a plug-and-play tuning box? Where do I sign?

Thinking about getting one of these for my car. Shamed to say I haven't got a clue when it comes to anything under the bonnet. Would it be possible to get the box fitted at your HQ in Durham?

Thinking about getting one of these for my car. Shamed to say I haven't got a clue when it comes to anything under the bonnet. Would it be possible to get the box fitted at your HQ in Durham?

Yes, that wouldn't be an issue at all.

Really tempted with this. Just checked with my insurer and will only increase my annual premium by £35.

Reactions: ~RS~ and ABYSS
I'm still on the fence about this... not sure how it would affect my warranty, longevity or reliability of the engine and other bits, but the extra power and economy would be nice. I need to do a lot more research I think as I don't really know enough about it all and hear differing opinions everywhere!

Some feedback from a seat Leon 2.0 150 owner

Done a fari few more miles with this on now (still only about 300) and I thought I'd post up some initial thoughts.

Fuel economy still remains largely unaffected, i'm down about 2mpg on what I'd usually get, but I know my foots been much heavier. I've got about 4.5k of comparison data logged, so we'll where it settles down to in time.

The power is insane, but in a very dieselly way. It isn't going to do amazing 0-60 times as it simply can't get the power down in first or second (third is scrabbly if you floor it at about 30 in the wet). However, thats more than made up for by the fact that third is astonishingly good. 30-70 in third feels like its not too far off my bosses E92 330d, although it runs out breath faster obviously.

Just a word of advice from somebody who also had a 2.0l diesel remapped, if you consistently use a 'heavy foot' with a remapped diesel then the DMF will very quickly disintegrate on a manual box, not sure if the DSG will have one though...

It depends, if you only use high load - low revs, yes

If you know how to use a gearbox, no

I have just swapped out my car for an S3, so if anyone is interested i am putting a link for sale in classifieds for my DTUK box.

Couldn't see the ad. How much are you looking for?

Just a word of advice from somebody who also had a 2.0l diesel remapped, if you consistently use a 'heavy foot' with a remapped diesel then the DMF will very quickly disintegrate on a manual box, not sure if the DSG will have one though...

Hmm, that doesn't sound too good!

Fitted my box tonight and very pleased with the results! Going to have a play with the different maps (if I can get my head round it) over the following weeks.

Also thanks to Abyss for answering all my questions!