2013 Xenon headlight bulb out?!

Sematic

Reaction score
Hi all,

Car - 2013 Audi a4 S-Line 2.0 TDI

Just wondering if I could get some advice/past experience on dealership matters when it comes to bulb out on xenon within warranty.

Just got Bulb out on a headlight bulb on way home, obviously confused as these are xenon HIDs and having fitted them to my golf in the past I know they should last a long time (5+ years at least)...

I spoke to dealer and as the servicing department was closed I spoke to a sales man and he said it shouldn't be going on a 2013 plate in warranty.

I'll call servicing tomorrow however after googling and searching these forums I can see if not in warranty its going to cost a lot - for a bulb anyway.

On a side note I came very close to an accident today from someone pulling out on me (slammed on) and many near misses, why is it when it rains people drive like idiots?

Thanks,

I agree with you however if it turns out to be the bulb then shouldn't a xenon hid bulb last longer than 12months? If so and its in warranty i'd expect a replacement especially as the bulbs are £80. Alternatively if I pay for the bulb and then the next bulb goes again and it turns out to be the ballast (control unit) then audi should refund me for the bulb.

I don't know though i'll see what they say tomorrow.

Surely a warranty is for all the cars parts, nuts, bolts ect? Your bulbs should be covered and if not I'd be looking for a very good reason as to why they're not.
Interested to see what Audi have to say about this one, keep us informed.
JG

i'll let you know tomorrow what they say. I think they will sort it out, this dealership has been very good whenever ive had to deal with them.

Reactions: RS5 JON
https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/...nties/audi-warranty-terms-and-conditions.html

Items where the lifetime of the component is or can be influenced by driving style and external factors will only be considered under the terms of the warranty for a period of six months or 6,250 miles (whichever is soonest). Beyond that limit, the defects must be classified as wear and tear and will not be covered by the Audi warranty.

Components subject to wear and tear are as follows:

• Brake linings and disc pads
  • Clutch release bearings
  • Clutch pressure plates and centre plates
  • Tyres
  • Wiper blades (wiper rubbers have no warranty owing to their conditions of use)
  • Seat and backrest covers
  • Floor coverings
  • Spark plugs
  • Batteries for key fobs and alarms
  • Light bulbs
If it's the HID module that has failed then that will be under warranty, I would expect that the actual bulb isn't .

Karl.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
:audibash: :audibash: :audibash: , you know my answer to that Karl, complain loudly in front of potential buyers. :D
JG

Reactions: V6 Quatt
its an interesting one isn't it guys. I am not usually bothered about a bulb but at £80 a bulb it is worth questioning.

**Update**

Spoken to servicing this morning who have booked it in as a warranty job and they will take a look at it on the 30th December. The young lady agreed that this shouldnt be happening but we'll see what the technicians say when i send it in.

Reactions: RS5 JON
30th ?
id want it in now a bulb out in this weather
I was on some roads in devon last night 3am one light coming towards me and I thought it was a bike if id not been looking good I would have killed everyone in the car
I was fully loaded 44 ton.

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010
Hades - i tried my best to get it as soon as possible. obviously with christmas it must be busy for them. I'm using my fogs too so i have both sides covered and i can still be seen as a car. If the coppers pull me then i'll just have to explain and hopefully they will be okay with it. Its not like i can just go out and buy a bulb its more than likely the control unit.

JD51 - yeh hopefully it should all get sorted. Part of the pleasure of the sline is the xenons and the LEDs.

Update:

Car went in yesterday and the service was excellent. They had a warranty job to update the ecu while it was there as well.

They swapped the control units around and this narrowed it down to the bulb. Of course they swapped the bulb and it is now working again. Everything back to normal. Wash and valet as well and all this took 1.5hrs. All this was under warranty. They also were shocked it went as its a xenon these should last 10-15years.

Whilst I was waiting had a look at the audi tt new release. Very nice car.

Reactions: desertstorm
Good news, I wonder if you turned up with a 2.5 year old car whether it would still be covered under the warranty.
At least it cost you nothing.

I'd fully expect it to be right up until 3 years. When I was an abarth owner they were the worst for 3rd year warranty claims. They'd do anything to wriggle out of them. The general feeling of Audi customer service of warranty claims has been superb so I expect it to carry on. Audi are a premium brand who put themselves up against the likes of Mercedes and bmw so I expect them to go the whole hog every time.