2013 Audi S3

I'm an excited lad today. Just called the dealer to ask a question and was informed that my build week had moved forward and that the car was now built!! :) Means I will definately get it when I return from my next trip on the rigs :D

Excellent news mate

I have just heard from Audi today that my S3 build week has also come forward from week 3 to week 1, can't wait!!

Can people who have picked up their cars confirm if it has S3 on the key - Just checking in case another error in the brochure

Definitely does NOT have S3 on the key

Figures - Anything actually correct in the brochure - I know it's only little things but no aluminium foot rest, no S3 on the key and on the SE part of the brochure it shows a little net on the side of the tray under the arm rest where the AMI is which would be handy to put ipod in rather than just lay in the bottom but that's not there either - Dealer said might have been for european market

S3 has everything the Sport has + more and the Sport has everything the SE has + more so should be there

I think it's really poor by Audi UK - 3 brochures in for the S3 now and lots of errors - Not deal breakers by any means but you're still paying a premium for the top model and don't put these things in of you're not actually going to deliver

Reactions: gilesf
Looks real good being all black.

Why 2 weeks until pick up tho? Surely they can have it ready for you sooner?

Thanks mate. Currently working in London, so have to wait two weeks till I get my holiday to drive up my A3 to pick up the S3, it's going to be a very painful wait...

Thanks mate. Currently working in London, so have to wait two weeks till I get my holiday to drive up my A3 to pick up the S3, it's going to be a very painful wait...

Ok thats a blow!!!

Never mind a nice early Xmas prezzie to yourself!!

Reactions: Aran383
Just heard from my Audi dealer - Still Build week 5 but unconfirmed at the factory

Might get it for the 1st March

Chaps,

A bit of help? I've specced standard Tech Pack but now wondering what I'm missing not getting audi connect? Any thoughts?

Chaps,

A bit of help? I've specced standard Tech Pack but now wondering what I'm missing not getting audi connect? Any thoughts?

You will be missing BIG Bills! I thought about this for Google maps but if you leave the UK it will cost you at least £3 a day on top of your other costs.. Decided not to bother.

You will be missing BIG Bills! I thought about this for Google maps but if you leave the UK it will cost you at least £3 a day on top of your other costs.. Decided not to bother.

there doesn't seem to be much of an upside then. I wondered if having it added any additional functionality to other options such as LED lights I couldn't quite work it out from the brochure

16th Nov
Audi S3 SB
Black (I like the look after a good wax... just can't get that with any other colour)
Tech Pack
Xenon Plus
Rails (Black)
Comfort Pack
Hill Assist
Tyre Pressure
Folding mirros
B&O
Interior Lights

Oh and manual

As far as I know you can still use the normal 3D maps, Google is an option, must have an international roaming switch or just remove the sim.

Load of rubbish - see above

And then it will not work! At least 50% of our use is abroad and the Audi connect is not a sensible option for US!!

It will work it has 3D maps just the same as the standard system, data all built in, it only needs the sim card for the Audi connect stuff

It will work it has 3D maps just the same as the standard system, data all built in, it only needs the sim card for the Audi connect stuff

I was told that it accessed Google maps via Sim. Are you sure???

google earth imagery via sim, that's not the same as the 3D data though - think that's built in.

16th Nov
Audi S3 SB
Black (I like the look after a good wax... just can't get that with any other colour)
Tech Pack
Xenon Plus
Rails (Black)
Comfort Pack
Hill Assist
Tyre Pressure
Folding mirros
B&O
Interior Lights

Oh and manual
i ordered mine last week, still waiting for a build date. I was hoping to get it in March, maybe a bit optimistic now!

Need the sim for Google maps and online traffic data

I was told that it accessed Google maps via Sim. Are you sure???

I might be confused as to what your getting at, but what I'm trying to say is that as a sat nav it will still work without the sim connection because it has the same 3D maps as the non Audi connect system. Your right though the Google maps option needs to have a data connection through the sim.

Probably 10 too... on the bright side they said it could be earlier... or later!!

Guys I have a week 1 build date, how long does it take from build to being ready for hand over?

I guess I'll wait till March so I get a 2104 plate.

Guys I have a week 1 build date, how long does it take from build to being ready for hand over?

I guess that depends on how quickly the buggers at Emden can get your car on a boat. Our Tiguan has been sitting there for a fortnight now despite the fact that there have been at least 2 Emden-Sheerness runs in that time. If you're up north you'll probably have more luck, the Emden-Grimsby runs seem to be a helluva lot more frequent.

My S3 is build week 3, was told that should be perfect for March 1st handover. The dealer did say that factory-ordered Audis get priority though.

I guess that depends on how quickly the buggers at Emden can get your car on a boat. Our Tiguan has been sitting there for a fortnight now despite the fact that there have been at least 2 Emden-Sheerness runs in that time. If you're up north you'll probably have more luck, the Emden-Grimsby runs seem to be a helluva lot more frequent.

My S3 is build week 3, was told that should be perfect for March 1st handover. The dealer did say that factory-ordered Audis get priority though.

Cheers, I'm in Kent so I guess Sheerness, though that fills me with dread as I know a guy who used to drive cars off the ships when he was a youngster, he didn't even have a licence, from the stories he's told me you wouldn't want someone like him or the others at that time anywhere near your car.

I'm an excited lad today. Just called the dealer to ask a question and was informed that my build week had moved forward and that the car was now built!! :) Means I will definately get it when I return from my next trip on the rigs :D
Aberdeen Audi?

Probably 10 too... on the bright side they said it could be earlier... or later!!
When we were ordering it, the dealer said they'd had a few orders brought forward. I should hopefully get a build week tomorrow or Thursday. The last two cars we've bought off him were group stock so never had to factory order, he says it takes about a week to get a build date.

Snap!

I'm on build week 1 too. I think mine is destined for Grimsby though.

Just had my build date brought forward by a week, w/c 13th jan :) can't wait!
PS Am I the only girl on this forum?? Lol

That's good news Kempysue, looks like there are quite a few of us being brought forward, my S3 has been moved from week 3 to week 1 commencing 30th Dec, :beerchug:

Reactions: Kempysue
Lucky you! :D Maybe you are...maybe not. Doesn't really matter does it! ;)
Well must ask, what color did you pick for the S3?

That's good news Kempysue, looks like there are quite a few of us being brought forward, my S3 has been moved from week 3 to week 1 commencing 30th Dec, :beerchug:
And lucky you too! Some people has to wait until March! :D