1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Audi S3

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Snake Pliskin, Feb 26, 2013.

1. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Pics needed mate, your spec is pretty much the same as mine except the gearbox.
  2. Lawzie

Lawzie Member

Hi mate,

Epsom is my local too and I went and had a drive last week in it (its the grey S3 right?). The footplate was plastic, I checked after all that was said on this forum. Just thought you may Like to know .
  3. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Active Member

lol, luckily I knew with 2 milliseconds it wasn't the correct site
  4. paullowther

paullowther Member

[​IMG]
  5. paullowther

paullowther Member

The car's sh1t...
  6. paullowther

paullowther Member

... sh1t hot
    T3ryp and Ecosphere like this.
  7. Ecosphere

Ecosphere Member

One of best looking s3's I've seen, pleased it's living up to your expectations - tell us the what you think of everything now it's reality for you.
  8. the_lecht_rocks

the_lecht_rocks Well-Known Member

Still think panthers cooler with chrome.".".. Looking lovely and purple however !
    PilotAudi and Lmg like this.
  9. d8ean

d8ean Member

drove that car today, not sure about the interior but it was a nice car, shifts too!

question, can the roof rails be fitted after at all?
  10. d8ean

d8ean Member

im confused regarding the headlights - so the standard lights on the s3 are xenon, with DRL? the next stage up is moving lights? then after that full LED headlight like you get on a S8 for example?
  11. the_lecht_rocks

the_lecht_rocks Well-Known Member

whats your thoughts on the LED headlights Paul ?
  12. d8ean

d8ean Member

anyone got pics of the black styling kit on the white car? just seen a vid on youtube and i think i need it!
  13. T3ryp

T3ryp New Member

Hi, White car, black styling, hopefully my pictures will be attached. Had for four weeks now but no new pics taken yet. These are ones at dealer.

Attached Files:

Kelza and Lmg like this.
  14. T3ryp

T3ryp New Member

and the other

Attached Files:

Kelza and Lmg like this.
  15. geefunk1978

geefunk1978 Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386454460.993074.jpg
    Glacier white, black styling pack....
    Kelza and Lmg like this.
  16. d8ean

d8ean Member

cheers guys; looks nice.
    ive not got the roof rails, but have the pano roof; so im thinking the sport pack suits the car better?
  17. T3ryp

T3ryp New Member

Phil D8ean
    love the pan roof on white, shame its only a single sun roof, think you should wrap the back half of the roof in gloss black to give the same appearance of the 8P model pan roof. Even considered gloss blacking my whole roof a while back.
  18. d8ean

d8ean Member

yea i like the roof, wrapping the back bit could work.

can the roof rails be retro fitted does anyone know?
    PilotAudi likes this.
  19. dstama

dstama Member

I thought it did cover the whole roof? Need to go find some pictures to take another look
  20. royalsteve68

yeh, I didn't check but did ask the sales guy and he said it was alloy - I didn't check though so cheers. maybe it looks like alloy.
  21. royalsteve68

yes though I think the a8 lights are the next gen matrix led lights, so I think its

xenon, with DRL as standard
    "follow me" xenon lights
    s3 full LED headlights - i think these adjust to conditions and location bit only if you have tech pack with audi connect selected

full matrix led headlights only available on the s8
  22. royalsteve68

should be but ill bet it will cost and I think the roof lining has to be removed so youd be in danger of damaging or creasing a fairly fragile item - if you are thinking about it and its not too late id order them - or you could get a cheap larger 2nd load lugger car
  23. royalsteve68

yeh agree the seats with the red inserts was :puke2:
  24. royalsteve68

i think it was about 2/3rds when shut
  25. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

The 2 parts of the Pan roof does cover about 2/3 of the roof. Front part slides and tilts rear is fixed. Looks Black on lighter cars and if you want a total black roof you may need to consider paint or wrap. Or as we have done on our order and last three 8Ps go all Black. I have to agree the 2/3 black look does appear a bit odd on White/Red cars in particular.
  26. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

Back in 2008 when a car was available with no bars dealer offered to fit for the option cost. Don't think it can be that difficult even though the roof lining will have to be at least part removed to access.
  27. d8ean

d8ean Member

Not sure if I'd ever use them, just wondering if they finish the car off so to speak.... Still un-decided about the black styling pack
  28. royalsteve68

I think the rails do, but its definitely a marmite thing

re: black sysling - see if you can find a demo car google some pics where the car has been done

or seek out a demo car that has had it done - might be a difficult hunt though
    Used Audi Vehicles – Official Audi Used Vehicles
  29. d8ean

d8ean Member

any chance you can take a snap of the front from a little further back to get a proper idea of how it looks
  30. d8ean

d8ean Member

yea ive not seen any cars other then here with it, i tried looking around earlier this week on used/dealer sites but with no luck.
  31. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

Wow - loving this. Can't wait to get my hands on our Panther too. This looks incredible.
  32. d8ean

d8ean Member

black is nice when clean. Had black in the past and its just hard work.
    i think i spotted the same colour in the showroom yesterday but on a SQ5 - at 52k it looked stunning!
  33. visionthing

visionthing Member

I agree, black isn't the easiest colour to keep clean. I have a black polo gti at the moment and when it's clean it looks great, but that isn't very often.

I will be getting brilliant black on the S3, as one I don't like paying extra for paint and two when it's shiny you can't beat the pop and reflection off a non metallic car.

My plan of attack to try and minimise swirl / haze / water marks is to once collected from the showroom head straight down to a local detailer and get a stage 1 machine polish then have Opti-Coat Pro applied (ceramic clear coat). This will cost £400 and will be hopefully a lot better then the autoglymn lifeshine products the dealers are pushing on to customers. I will then follow this up with a weekly snow foam and towel drying.

Here is the blurb regarding Opti-Coat if you haven't heard of it (no I don't work for Opti-Coat)

Opti-Coat (Opti-Guard) is a hard wearing, aftermarket, ceramic clear coat for superior resistance to scratching (9H) and chemical etching from environmental impacts. It provides permanent protection for all factory paints, and can also be applied to exterior glass, metal and hard plastic surfaces.

Opti-Coat is not a wax or sealant like other products on the market. It is a ceramic clear coating very similar to factory type clear coats. A layer of Opti-Coat measures approx. 2 microns in thickness, or about 100 times thicker than your typical wax or sealant. Unlike paint protection sealants such as PTFE, Nano Sealants, GlassPlexin that degrade over time and are easily removed through washing with water or chemicals, Opti-Coat does not degrade and cannot be removed by chemicals such as heavy duty truck wash or even caustic degreasers. It is totally resistant to these chemicals and produces a permanent film that is chemically bonded with the factory paint layers. Opti-Coat is effectively the vehicles new outer clear coat. It is far more resistant to chemical etching than factory clear coats and far more resistant than competing paint protection sealants. The 2 micron layer also provides a thick buffer between any damage and the factory paintwork.
  34. Joetidman

Joetidman Well-Known Member

Guys after much thinking and negotiating, I have ordered my S3 Saloon!

I ordered:

Estoril Blue
    Stronic gearbox
    Tech Pack
    SS Seats
    Comfort pack
    Adaptive cruise
    Front and rear sensors
    Audi sound system (thanks to advice from guys on the forum!)
    LED lights
    Folding mirrors
    Privacy glass
    Tyre Sensor
    Boot mat

build week 12 which is early April I think delivery, can't wait. I got to take out an stron S3 SB before I signed as they'd only had the manual before and I was amazed, what a machine! Gearbox really suits the engine and car, nice and relaxed when you want it, but properly rapids responds when you floor it!

Also big thanks to advice on discounts. I used car wow and used a good quote from there to negotiate 5% from Cambridge audi. They said before I started that they had given no discount at all on all the S3's they had sold so far, but after some discussion and showing them what kings Lynn were offering they went off for 20 mins and came back with an offer! So pleased :yahoo:
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Kempysue and Marky142 like this.
  35. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

Awesome mate, yours should be one of the first customer cars to turn up. Estoril on the saloon should look great
    Joetidman likes this.
  36. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

I don't get all this myth about Black being a difficult colour to keep clean! I assume folks mean keeping it LOOKING clean! In any event I don't find it a problem. I ensure that our cars are well protected and cleaned really thoroughly 4/5 times a year. Then every week or so use the two bucket wash method first shampoo then clean water, chamois and e cloth. Sometimes use Diamond shine which is great. Takes no time at all and our Phantom Black cars always look pretty good.
    Kempysue likes this.
  37. Joetidman

Joetidman Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, yeah Cambridge only sold 1 and my S3 was the last slot they had pushing build for later S3's to August!
  38. ice_cube99

ice_cube99 Member

Thanks for these, these do help as it's hard to find pics with the exact spec but they look good IMO. The RS3 was Suzuka grey which was beautiful but think glacier is kind of similar now. That has poped up as a contender but having had white/light cars in the past now is swaying me towards Misano or going exclusive, Sepang blue, or Cornflower Blue. Hardest things is colour IMO. All subjective.
  39. T3ryp

T3ryp New Member

image.jpg
    Hi D8ean

only iPad pics so not great.

Attached Files:

Lmg, gilesf and Marky142 like this.
  40. Squirrel

Squirrel New Member

Need to see more shot of Panther Black! Especially outside, i reckon that colour would really pop in sunlight!l
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013