1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Audi S3

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Snake Pliskin, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Leeber

Leeber Active Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Paul, did you get any pics of the interior yet?
  2. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    [​IMG]

My last car (TTS) was panther black and you do need the sun to get the pop of the crystal fleck - but that is the same for all pearl / crystal paints tbh.
    paullowther likes this.
  3. Louay

Louay Well-Known Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    I concur.
  4. paullowther

paullowther Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Not yet man, wont do til Friday :)
  5. Snake Pliskin

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Have some o' this - panther in the sun :cool:

[​IMG]

and a bit of estoril for good measure too :)

[​IMG]
    Louay, Lmg, Leeber and 1 other person like this.
  6. Johnnyb

Johnnyb Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Would be nice if Estoril looked like that S5 in all light conditions!!! I think I'd paint my own car that colour if so..

It's clearly been photoshopped / enhanced with the black and white background though...
  7. Snake Pliskin

[Dec 3, 2013]
    The darkened background does enhance the vividness of the estoril in the pic I agree but on sunny days or under intense light, the paint does turn a remarkable lighter shade.

I saw the contrast a few weekends ago when my car was parked and half the car was shadowed and the other was in direct strong sun light - it looked like two completely different shades of blue - massive contrast :)

You just need to look at the picture I posted of the panther black to see how dramatically the crystal paint changes under light.
    MatthewC and Johnnyb like this.
  8. Danners78

Danners78 Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    I could get some over w/e. I'm really happy with the seats.

Just wish I went interior light pack and mono pur. I do love the B&O lighting on the speakers, but needs more LED touches to the standard car IMO.
  9. Danners78

Danners78 Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Can't remember what he was saying to be honest I had my jaw on the floor at that point. I won't forget that moment the car was unveiled.
  10. Zig81

Zig81 Active Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Well that's it, it's on order, Estoril blue, SB, S-Tronic and a few other bits like B&O, SSS. Just waiting for a build date.

I got a discount of 8 and a quarter % so reasonably happy, just a long wait now!
    Toadoftoadhall, Louay, T3ryp and 3 others like this.
  11. Lawzie

Lawzie Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Your in the same position as me then, mono our was not something I even knew about till this forum and its a lovely upgrade. Im chuffed I went for B&O though that was my first option, thats a MUST for me. Be great to see the seats I have never even seen them.
  12. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Is mono.pur expensive to retrofit I wonder? It's only the door arm rests and then the gearbox tunnel isn't it?
  13. paullowther

paullowther Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    I'd imagine so, they'd have to remove those parts and I don't think it's an easy job, especially the gearbox tunnel.
  14. T3ryp

T3ryp New Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    i would say quite expensive. To give some indication on cost, there are the extended leather knee pads for 8P RS3 on eBay for £500 and there are 4 arm rests at £800 add to that Audi will be more expensive and labour = £££££
  15. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Active Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    I agree, not a fan of darker cars, though ive had a graphite dark grey before but that panther looks good. colour seems to suit 3 door better. Whilst the S3 door mirrors are for s3 cars id still be tempted to colour them panther black as well
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  16. paullowther

paullowther Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Yeah, I don't think the black paint with black styling pack would suit the sportback at all. There would just be too much black, with chrome however it looks nice.
    PilotAudi likes this.
  17. pat15312

pat15312 Active Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Basically what I did however I preferred the purity of Phantom compared to the interesting purpley haze you get with Panther.
    PilotAudi, Kempysue and paullowther like this.
  18. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Active Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    compared to me you are, but ill be doing the same!:icon_thumright:
  19. djc82

djc82 Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    So yesterday my car went in to get its windows replaced as they were chipped from factory. Got given the S3 demonstrator that I am to return later today except this happened last night...

IMG_00000306.jpg IMG_00000305.jpg

How does a car that has done only 1100 miles have a blow out like this?! Not overly happy with my experience so far
  20. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    How do you think mileage has anything to do with a blow out?
  21. djc82

djc82 Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Given that tyre wear can be one of the factors, you just wouldn't expect a car thats done so few a miles to have a blow like this
  22. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    I am not an expert but this looks more like a faulty/rogue tyre rather than anything fundementally wrong with the car or how it was set up, although the fact it was a dmeonstrator might have contributed to the tyre failing in such a catastroprhic way as the car would most likely have been handled pretty roughly in its short life.
  23. djc82

djc82 Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Well my contact with Bury St Edmunds hasn't gone well this morning. Very rude on the phone, they are saying it's my fault (without examining the car) and I will have to pay

Waiting for a call back from someone higher up

Given my S3 is 2 and a half weeks old, does anyone know what the cooling off period is?
  24. lotus

lotus Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    I know you must be pissed off but that's a tyre not a car issue (as I'm sure you know) that said there is no way any blame should be pointed at you, I'm sure the dealer will see sense.
  25. Snake Pliskin

[Dec 4, 2013]

That is not good at all - the blow out or the response from your Dealer.

If my Dealer was rude with me over something like that I would give him it back big time !
    gilesf likes this.
  26. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

[Dec 4, 2013]
    What amount are they looking for in terms of payment from you?
    Surely they would have the wheel and tyre protection on their own demonstrator vehicle!? lol

A blow out can happen at any time and on any car. I've managed to get a blow out within the first 100 miles of getting 4 new tyres on my car before :(
    T3ryp likes this.
  27. Snake Pliskin

[Dec 4, 2013]

ha ha lol good point :)
    Ecosphere likes this.
  28. djc82

djc82 Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    The gist of the phone call went as follows

Me: Had a tyre blow up, not very happy with this whole experience so far, pretty sure something to do with tyre pressure, given the warning light came on just before it happened. Was this car fully checked before it was given to me

Dealer: never heard of tyres just blowing out, not our fault, you must have hit something, we have had this car since september with no issues, you'll have to pay

Still waiting a call from someone higher up
  29. Snake Pliskin

[Dec 4, 2013]

Cheeky *%$£+!#'s !!!!!
  30. djc82

djc82 Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Tyre gate updated:

My S3 is fixed. Wonderful.

Dealer S3 is sat outside my house with a space saver on. They are saying as the car was in my possession I am liable for all damages

I have point blankly refused to pay. And made it clear if they wish to go down this route I will in fact be rejecting my own s3 as part of the cooling off period

I await a call from the "head of business"
    Marky142 likes this.
  31. barber6

barber6 New Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Mines coming for 13th December! Happy days!!! Seen the 1st one on the road today (except for teesides demo) in same colour and 3dr like mine. Over the moon with the choice!
  32. gilesf

gilesf Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Thats disgraceful customer service, if Audi hadnt cocked up in the first place you wouldnt have had the demonstrator anyway, their issue entirely. As snake says, give them both barrels, you've just spent a small fortune on a new car which was faulty and obviously not QC'd properly in Germaany.
    cemerson likes this.
  33. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Had one at 950 miles on my A3, though it was a bit 'rock induced'! I'd have been totally stuffed without the spacesaver, was a Saturday evening in the middle of nowhere in the corner of North Wales.
  34. Leeber

Leeber Active Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Has the "head of business" seen those photos yet. That is just a substandard tyre disintegrating full stop. There is nothing you could have done as a driver to cause that (except possibly under/overinflate it and even then you would have to drive it for some significant period of time to cause failure). Personally, I would be going on the offensive now. They supply a car that shouldn't have passed QC in the factory, they miss this fact during the PDI and then they provide you with a courtesy vehicle that has a defective tyre. Granted, it's unlikely that they could have known this at the time but to suggest that it's your fault just adds insult to injury! That defect could well have killed you and anyone else in the car with you as well other road users. Their reaction is totally unacceptable!

A long time ago in a previous life I used to work as a delivery driver for a tyre distributor. When tyres failed like that, they were replaced and returned to the manufacturer, no questions asked.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  35. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Was the tyre made by Bridgestone by any chance? At least the CS could have asked if you were ok...
    gilesf likes this.
  36. Leeber

Leeber Active Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Sorry, my previous post was based on certain assumptions. Have you checked the tread for signs of a puncture? This also happens when you get a high speed puncture, rapid deflation causes excessive sidewall flex at high speed which then leads to separation, I believe. Either way I don't think you would expect that on such a new tyre though.
  37. djc82

djc82 Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Tyre Updated Again:

They have now agreed to return my car and collect their's with no charges to myself for damages to the tyre and wheel of loan s3

I'm now waiting for the swap over. I shall keep the forum updated, as I think their attitude on the swap over will make my mind up on whether to take this further with a complaint

Leeber: The tyre is in bits in the boot so not sure you can tell whats happened now. The tyre pressure warning light came on just before it went bang.
    gilesf and Snake Pliskin like this.
  38. lotus

lotus Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Good news, out of interest how did the car handle when the tyre went, how fast were you going?
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  39. Johnnyb

Johnnyb Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    Glad you got it sorted djc!!
  40. djc82

djc82 Member

[Dec 4, 2013]
    The blow out was on the A14 so at least 70ish

Handled OK if I'm honest, you didn't feel completely out of control and I managed to guide it to the side of the road without too much issue. That said it was about 11pm last night so the road was empty and didn't have to worry about car lights behind me, quite how this would of turned out if it had been during a busier period I'm unsure