1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Audi S3

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Snake Pliskin, Feb 26, 2013.

1. paullowther

paullowther Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    Does your dealer update you without you having to ask or do you contact him regularly to see the status of your order?
  2. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member

[Oct 31, 2013]

Oh my god - the paint looks AMAZING !!!!

Having had a PANTHER BLACK car for the last 3 years I can confirm that it is just black all said and done and if I was re-ordering I would 100% order the regular black at zero extra cost ... as for 99% of the time, you do not see the fleck so it just looks like a solid black - but I now feel that the solid blacks are deeper and richer in colour so they look more blacker - just my view of course but this is speaking from experience.

Estoril on the other hand, looks stunning in both dull and light conditions - such a rich deep lustre and amazing expensive classy sport looking colour that really suits the S cars .. and of course is exclusive to the S cars.

Truly stunning pics thank you.
    Silky-S3 likes this.
  3. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    He's giving me updates without me asking, i guess he liked me when i bought the car, lol. I didn't push him down on the price too much and it was quite a fun experience for both of us (a lot of laughing lol).
  4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    Fellas

Gonna have to hold off on the pics for the next day or two until I can get it properly cleaned, had to nip somewhere for work early this morning and the roads have been greasy..

The car just gets better and better..

All of you waiting for your S3's are in for a treat..
    Louay, paullowther, Silky-S3 and 2 others like this.
  5. Kempysue

Kempysue Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    Does anyone know if the stitching on the door/round gear stick is also lunar silver like the seats? also, does the mono.pur pack delete the silver? I'm still struggling to figure out what you're getting with mono.pur??
  6. paullowther

paullowther Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    So you want to know the colour of the stitching on a lunar silver interior? Am I right in thinking that?
  7. Kempysue

Kempysue Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    Sorry that was a confusing question wasn't it... the seats are black with silver stitching... the question was - is the stitching on the doors and round gear stick also silver?
  8. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    my understanding is that without mono.pur the steering wheel and gear lever have the silver stitching. The doors and centre console don't have any covering or stitching.

with mono.pur you get covered centre console and door handles/arms rests with stitching in silver.

I just know that I've seen cars with and without mono.pur and the mono.pur was a no-brainer YES for me - will make it really nice inside.
  9. c.grex

c.grex Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    As many have pointed out, keep the smokers pack as it means you get to keep the cup in the front.
  10. garethld

garethld Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    I'm picking mine up on Saturday morning. My dealer tells me it's there and looking lovely in panther black. 2 more sleeps.
    Lmg, the_lecht_rocks and paullowther like this.
  11. the_lecht_rocks

the_lecht_rocks Well-Known Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    looking forward to some pics but sad you went blacked out as i think the chrome looks stunning against both krystalleffekt colours :)
  12. NotquiteWelsh

NotquiteWelsh Active Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    If this is any help, this is what the std lunar silver looks like:
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Lmg likes this.
  13. Louay

Louay Well-Known Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    Get fit, loose weight....MAD! that is exactly what i am doing, i vowed to myself and fiancee that i would look and feel the part for delivery 1st March, maybe a slight justification to my fiancee for spending some of OUR capital, but more importantly that i am doing it for myself.

Sticking to a diet by Dr Charles Clark, a book given to me by mum. A little old but with a very effective strategy that allows a minimal amount of carbs during the weight loss phase.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-New-High-Protein-Diet/dp/0091884268

Beer is kept to an absolute minimum and 3/4 gym sessions a week have helped me transform my looks and direction. New wardrobe for new body and new car come 1st March, with photos of both a thin me and new S3 on the fridge as a constant reminder of my goal.
    Lmg, Johnnyb and paullowther like this.
  14. paullowther

paullowther Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    Keep up the good work pal
    Louay likes this.
  15. Itguy

Itguy Active Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    Good effort - that's really going to spur me on too now then.

I'm starting from a different place as i'm usually a regular gym goer and typically have my weight well under control, but this year has seen a load of dodgy health issues for me which have resulted in a lot of prednisolone steroid use and lots of midriff fat accumulation. Thankfully I'm on a reducing dose now so can start really tackling it.

Got to get from 13st10 to between 12st and 12st7 by march - should be ok.
  16. Louay

Louay Well-Known Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    how did you find the lateral support in the S/sport seats? I too had the buckets in my 8P3 and they did offer excellent support, however, the driver bolster was beginning to wrinkle after a month of driving. Hoping that the new s/s seats will offer similar support without the premature wrinkling of the bolster areas? Your thoughts?
  17. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    We'll fat or fit, ugly or beautiful, smart or thick... Who cares?! I for one don't care and will be enjoying my s3.
    Lmg likes this.
  18. garethld

garethld Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    I'm not blacked out. Got privacy glass and pano roof but the rest is chrome/Alu as normal
  19. paullowther

paullowther Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This might help. Both have mono.pur finishes & are an example of the contrast stitching colours. Unfortunately I can't find a detailed closeup of the lunar silver interior stitching as it's still quite rare to find that option.
    Lmg likes this.
  20. paullowther

paullowther Member

[Oct 31, 2013]
    Does anybody know if the black styling package has a gloss finish like our German counterparts enjoy or whether we in sunny England receive a matte finish? Below is glossy (german) but my neighbour has a has matte styling accents on her 13 plate S4...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    outlaw7, the_lecht_rocks and Lmg like this.
  21. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Active Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    That's not strictly true as you assume that you cant get more via an investment. I am paying for my car on pcp with a deposit and used some of the money I would have used for the car on a deposit on a new buy to let apartment instead that has increased in value by at least £10K already, my finance is £4.5K. Sure, the increase on the apartment is paper money but you don't get anywhere in life without a gamble, no matter how small or large the gamble is. then again id never encourage people to finance a car, its a matter of personal choice. Neither way is necessarily better.

The rest of the money ill invest in something else.
  22. mickbrown

mickbrown Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    Just got an email from my dealer to say that my car was built on the 17th October and is waiting to receive a tracking number. Wonder how long it takes to sail from Bremen to Australia...the answer is probably 'too long'. NOW I'm starting to get excited!
    voorhees and the_lecht_rocks like this.
  23. the_lecht_rocks

the_lecht_rocks Well-Known Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    what colour Mick ?
  24. mickbrown

mickbrown Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    Misano red sportback.
  25. arad85

arad85 Active Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    But I said:

You have found a way to invest which beats inflation - so you are better doing that. In your case, it is better to use the money elsewhere - no question of that.

My point was though, I reckon the overall cost to you would be lower if you were on PCH rather than PCP (it was a lot cheaper for me with the Skoda). It's just as a nation, we seem to want to own something rather than rent it.
  26. Johnnyb

Johnnyb Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    Can't say anything about the driver bolster just yet, but the lateral support is very good, there is a trade off though between the 8P buckets and the 8V Super Sports - the latter are 100X more comfortable whereas the 8P's were deeper and held you in more securely..

If I had to choose between them for a track day and nothing else - I would go for the 8P

If I had to choose between them for ANY other driving than a track day - I would go with the 8V

The major difference is the rigidity, the 8P's cushioning around the lateral and outer thigh areas were like bricks, the 8V's have a lot more spring which adds to the unbelievable comfort of them. I'm actually looking forward to a long motorway journey!
    Louay and Lmg like this.
  27. Johnnyb

Johnnyb Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    Quick question about the MMI system...

During my handover the salesman paired up my phone and ipod, he then had a menu screen up for the ipod where you could select artists, albums, songs, playlists etc...

Since then I have been unable to find that menu!

When I select media and then select my ipod it just lists all songs, and every button I press takes me to screens other than the ipod menu...

Can anyone help? I'm guessing it's gonna be something really simple.

Cheers
  28. T3ryp

T3ryp New Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    Interesting info regarding delivery times, spoke to my dealer today (that always sounds bad), he said that my car was due to be on a ship on Sunday (this weekend) and I should be able to collect on Friday 8th November.

He said he will call me Sunday to confirm its on a ship, I need to provide retention cert for my private reg ASAP and go in to sign finance etc on Thursday, collection Friday approx 2pm.

just hoping hope he has this right.

This may give some gauge of possible delivery dates for all those still waiting, oh my build week was 41 so it's been built and waiting shipment a while.
  29. royalsteve68

[Nov 1, 2013]
    fair point, my situ isn't the same for everyone. I agree in this country we want to own everything, which is no bad thing, however there isn't much point with a car unless
    a) you stick with an old car
    b) have lots of money to throw £30K+ at a car and then top it up by £15-20K every 3 years
    c) throw a deposit of 10% at a car, pay silly monthly payments and then get a new car in 3 years with hopefully at worst for another 10% deposit - that's the theory I guess
    d) Lease a car - which I may consider next time, though this doesn't ever give you the option to buy

would be interesting to see what the cheapest option is over the average lifetime of a car of say 12 years
  30. NotquiteWelsh

NotquiteWelsh Active Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    I do hope he is right because your car seems to be late, mine was build week 40 and arrived in UK well over 2 weeks ago, I will have had it for a week when yours enters UK.
    I was told that once the car arrives in UK it can take up to 10 working days to clear customs and be ready for transport to dealer. Dealers only usually know of delivery either the day before or on the day it is sent to them.
    It really is worth the wait.
  31. royalsteve68

[Nov 1, 2013]
    well ive just added to my spec

misano red
    manual
    comfort pack with parking systems plus and park assist
    pano roof
    interior led lights
    B&O
    High beam assist
    Aluminium roof bars
    Privacy glass
    Cruise control
    Standard seats and wheels
    electric folding mirrors
    Tech pack without Audi Connect

just added:
    Electric lumbar support
    Tech pack with Audi Connect (as originally had just tech pack without audi connect)
    LED headlights
    Service Pack 399 one

cant wait

im going to avoid looking at this site, specs and the brochure till march
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  32. c.grex

c.grex Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    Anybody else ordering service pack a 399? seems a good deal if your on fixed servicing.
  33. royalsteve68

[Nov 1, 2013]
    yep ive added it today
  34. garethld

garethld Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    12 hours from now and i'll be cruising in the panther!
    gilesf, the_lecht_rocks and Lmg like this.
  35. paullowther

paullowther Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    You lucky devil! Pictures will be greatly appreciated being a certain black cat lover also.
  36. garethld

garethld Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    it will be a brief thrill as i'm heading straight to the train station and then to the rugby. will snap a couple of phone pics and upload straight away with proper ones to follow on sunday. ****e weather this weekend too!
  37. paullowther

paullowther Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    Great cheer pal, the panther boys will, I'm sure, look forward to them!

Don't think of it as poor weather, think of it as a great chance to experience the added grip courtesy of Quattro!
  38. BlackS3Al

BlackS3Al New Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    My build wk was 42. Arrived in uk last Friday, delivered to Aberdeen Audi on Thursday, pick it up on Monday.
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.
  39. paullowther

paullowther Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    Jesus that's a quick turn around.

By that measure my build week of 44 (this week coming) should be available to pick up by the third week in October! Exciting times for us all!
  40. BlackS3Al

BlackS3Al New Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    I suspect I may have been moved forward to 41 but don't officially know that.