1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Audi S3

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Snake Pliskin, Feb 26, 2013.

1. paullowther

paullowther Member

Here you go the_lecht_rocks + gilesf... An estoril blue with lunar silver alcantara.

$(KGrHqNHJ!8FI9Q1UcuJBSUN)Minww~~48_27.JPG $(KGrHqRHJEkFI9oBU(s5BSUN)M2O+Q~~48_27.JPG $(KGrHqV,!ocFI)9BonEgBSUN)M1bC!~~48_27.JPG $T2eC16RHJF0FFZ47I7e!BSUN)Mue5!~~48_27.JPG $T2eC16R,!w4FI,V(N9CFBSUN)Mypp!~~48_27.JPG $T2eC16hHJHMFH!keOVzpBSUN)Mr3SQ~~48_27.JPG
    cuke2u, Battlekrapz and Lmg like this.
  2. gilesf

gilesf Member

Thanks for the advice, I need to think about it and get the decision right, don't want any regrets on a car that I'll be keeping for 4 years. I like the idea of a brighter interior which is why the silver appeals, equally there is an amount of practicality required with having kids. Decided against the sports seats simply because I don't think they enhance the interior enough and I didn't feel that it was money well spent. Need to see and feel alcanata first I think.
  3. bleedsoff

bleedsoff Member

YAY!! Car ordered! :arco:

S3 Stronic Sportback

Esotril Blue
    AAC
    Advance Key
    Alcantara Leather Dark
    Aluminium Roof Rails
    Audi Parking System Plus
    B and O sound
    Comfort Package
    Folding door mirrors
    Electric seats
    High Beam assist
    Hold assist
    Interior Light Package
    LED Headlights
    Privacy Glass
    Reversing Camera
    Tech Pack High
    Through Load Facility
    Tyre Pressure Monitor

Now the wait begins :(
  4. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Member

5. bleedsoff

bleedsoff Member

I'm pretty sure it's on the centre console
  6. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Member

Take a closer look, it's not. It's a much nicer location on Paul's picture, looks like how bmw have done it, just on the other side of the steering wheel.
  7. bleedsoff

bleedsoff Member

I meant in reality. I prefer it on the centre console don't want my car to resemble anything like a BMW :)
  8. Gazzz

Gazzz Member

Looks to me like there's a key in the ignition, so seems unlikely this one has Advanced Key
  9. c.grex

c.grex Member

yes I was surprised to see that it has no start button or insert for a key in the dash (like my A4) and it just has a flip blade key that you insert into the steering column and turn. was told even R8's without advance key also have a proper key in the column.
  10. c.grex

c.grex Member

Interesting quote from a broker for a New S3 SB.

I wanted a quote for PCP and have been told that they can't quote as deliveries are now into the next financial year, mid April to end of April. This means Dealers don't know what finance is on offer past the end of March and won't know till January 2014.
  11. paullowther

paullowther Member

Call me old fashioned but I quite like placing the key into the steering column, makes me feel like part of the mechanics of the car.

Yes, it doesn't feel like you're starting a jet fighter but I could argue it feels like turning the key to initialise a nuclear launch.
  12. visionthing

visionthing Member

c.grex, which broker?, doesn't sound right to me.
  13. SilureMark

SilureMark Active Member

I prefer not to have my car stolen by a hoodie with laptop - so will not be having that option in any car I own! Chap I know had his BMW stolen without keys where they bypassed the 'Advanced Key'. Glad it's an option I don't have to have actually!
    Louay and paullowther like this.
  14. c.grex

c.grex Member

Drive the deal. They will get to know in January what the new car prices will be for april 2014 onwards and also if the is any change to finance, i.e. APR or dealer contributions. It is highly likely that nothing will change, but if I place a order the true finance figures won't be available to me until January.
  15. visionthing

visionthing Member

On that basis no one can make an order at a dealership at the present OTR car price, let alone know what the true finance package price will be without taking a risk that it will be higher than present. I mean price increase of 1% to 3% is not out of question, plus possibly worse apr's. All starting to sound like bit of a risky business if you want to work to a budget, especially if you are looking for a reasonable discount circa 8%. Not good!
  16. c.grex

c.grex Member

The point is that a dealer who isn't offering a discount will take a risk on the finance! after all as you have pointed out, they have 8% or more to take a risk with! it's just those dealers / brokers who don't have that to play with that won't guarantee the finance. They did say the car price will be the same if the order is placed now.
  17. c.grex

c.grex Member

The other thing that I suspect could be happening is that the dealers the broker are using want to get sales into the next financial year early, so son't want them on this years books. just a guess.
  18. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Member

Good point, i wonder what that redish round thing is on the left of the steering then...?
  19. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

Just a warning sticker of some sort it looks like to me, probably because it's a demo car
    Battlekrapz likes this.
  20. gilesf

gilesf Member

21. gilesf

gilesf Member

Well done!! What lead time are they quoting out of interest?
  22. bleedsoff

bleedsoff Member

Well just a general chat about it nothing properly confirmed but my sales guy said looking for most likely end if Jan. Also got him to match a brooker price so nice hefty 7/8% of the Otr price.
  23. gilesf

gilesf Member

That sounds fairly quick then, I was envisaging 6-7 months. I sent a spec off to dealers via carwow and the average discount was approx 4%, encouraging to see that you did considerably better!
  24. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Member

This thread is missing something... Pix!!! :beerchug:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    Ecosphere, Lmg, gilesf and 2 others like this.
  25. CraigI

CraigI Well-Known Member

Just spoke to my salesman and some of Audi Aberdeen's cars allocated week 41 build were on the boat at the end of last week apparently.

Mine will be built in two weeks, although perhaps earlier..........
  26. the_lecht_rocks

the_lecht_rocks Well-Known Member

battlekrapz - is that panther black ? looks a bit subdued with the black-out option pack on th chrome and body coloured mirrors, although the paint flake looks great :)
  27. bleedsoff

bleedsoff Member

Just got to find a dealer who has slots available that's all.
  28. bleedsoff

bleedsoff Member

Does the S3 have stop and go, I'm a bit confused. Seems a bit pointless if it does.
  29. RobH_S3

RobH_S3 Active Member

Yeah the S3 has stop and go but you can turn it off if you wish.
  30. paullowther

paullowther Member

Definitely needs the wing mirrors in aluminium I think to help break up the black. Makes a huge difference.
  31. VeeDubDan

VeeDubDan Active Member

Also does forwards and backwards plus goes round corners! :racer:
    the_lecht_rocks and Daveotto like this.
  32. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member

And the horn goes "beep"
  33. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Member

the_lecht_rocks likes this.
  34. paullowther

paullowther Member

the_lecht_rocks likes this.
  35. Toadoftoadhall

Toadoftoadhall Member

After two extended test drives in rthe last week of S3 Sportbacks - one s-tronic and the other a manual - I am very very close to ordering. One thing puzzles me and I was hoping someone who has ordered may assist.

The list price for LED headlights is £795. The detailed info states they include features that are already included as part of comfort pack. (L & R sensor pack)
    The Drive the Deal and Orange Wheels site list the LED headlights at £490.
    I asked today at the local dealer and was told the £795 is the correct price. Can anyone confirm or disprove this? :think:Thks.
  36. the_lecht_rocks

the_lecht_rocks Well-Known Member

i was originally quoted £490, but it was corrected to £795 when the dealer entered it into the audi build register.
    Toadoftoadhall likes this.
  37. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Hi, from what I have seen many of the online car brokers do not get the options prices correct as per audi. The only one I've seen that will price correctly is buyacar...
  38. Toadoftoadhall

Toadoftoadhall Member

Thanks for confirmation, at least I know I am not losing an unnecessary £305 ! Looking back through the brochure I can see what the broker sites have based this reduced price on and made an error, the comfort pack is £605 but there is a reduced cost comfort pack of £300 (if other options are selected).
    This reduced price comfort pack is not available on the S3 or S Line.
  39. Toadoftoadhall

Toadoftoadhall Member

Quick update after two extended test drives in s-tronic and the manual.

As expected overall the S3 is simply amazing - engine sound, power, grip, handling, acceleration, interior superb etc etc etc.

S- tronic - drove this one last friday for the day. It only had 200 miles on clock, salesman told me when I collected car:
    music off, find clear road, windows down, dynamic mode and give it full throttle.

Well the sound was fantastic, the upshift pops and burps, the engine, bit of turbo whine. The virtually seemless gear changes and constant surge of power. Very very addictive.

The s-tronic was really impressive indeed. Occasionally it was good to just burble along steadily, and the s tronic just made for a lovely smooth cruise which could at any time be suddenly ended with a plant of the right foot - very very slight delay going down a few gears but then off you fly pinned back in your seat! As an alternative the paddle shifts were good fun now and again too, dropping it down 2 or 3 gears now and again for overtakes or fun! It was really really good and in truth better than I thought it might be.

The manual car I had yesterday. Very good I must say. Best bit about it for me: under hard acceleration was third to fourth at full beans - with the less smooth clutch control of my left foot compared to the s tronic you get such a wonderful heavy punch in the back as it throws you hard into your seat.

As highlighted by some of your before, one of not so good points was that it was so fast you couldn't keep up with gears - in 1st and 2nd it would regularly bounce the rev limiter. Especially if doing something else like steering!

The engine/exhaust sound was amazing on both but the s-tronic upshift and sometimes the down shift noises really added quite bit of extra pleasure. I have never smiled/grinned so much with both versions :) but the s tronic gave me slightly more smiles per gallon!

The manual occasionally under full throttle driving did deliver some extra noises but you couldn't play with these noises like you could the s tronic. I reckon with more time to get used to the s tronic it would only improve too - getting more practiced with getting what you want out of it. S tronic for me.
    Ecosphere, Lmg, Battlekrapz and 4 others like this.
  40. gilesf

gilesf Member

Was in Sheffield at the weekend and had a good look at this Sportback, sure its Misano red. I liked the colour but i've heard of issues with this red so am sticking with estoril at this stage (panther black also now very tempting). This one is manual, S Tronic for me though and from what toadoftoadhall says, its a cracking drive. I do 20/25k miles a year and am truly fed up of manuals!
    WP_20131004_002.jpg WP_20131004_004.jpg WP_20131004_001.jpg