1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bjorngra

bjorngra Member

These are video's from an Audi internal training in Munich.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    Battlekrapz likes this.
  2. paullowther

paullowther Member

I think whilst we've all been arguing over whether white, misano, black etc... is the best colour we've missed a glaring and blindingly obvious option. Yellow. (And there I was thinking that the s3 looked good in any colour - I just threw up in my mouth)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379262352.003485.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379262358.616728.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379262366.016657.jpg

3. Fragup

Fragup Member

Perfectly great car ruined in my opinion, who ever did it stop it ! :asskicking:

4. Sherbs

Sherbs Member

I like it :p

5. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Active Member

That's 15 kms away from where i live.

Story is, it was imported by Audi Germany for the Brussels motorshow but never made it there so was on show at the Audi Belgium importer instead.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  6. paullowther

paullowther Member

It's like 6 degrees of separation but with S3's

7. Battlekrapz

Haha, yeah small world indeed.

Although at the time i also thought it was a horrible colour, it's the first (and last) new s3 i ever saw in the flesh, so i was pretty chuffed and excited i must say.

8. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot VCDS Map User

Has anyone seen a 5 door white one any where in the UK?
    It was in Aberdeen in October '12 (I think) & looked good.
    I always wondered if it was actually a running model as it was completely dead in the showroom, no interior lights, dash lights etc.

It was only there for a few weeks, then moved to somewhere else.

9. thedooker

thedooker Active Member

Aberdeen Audi are using a red sportback stronic as their demo. I have had it out twice :) great car :)

keyser likes this.
  10. Danners78

Danners78 Member

Hi. New to this site. It was me you were chatting to Paul. I spoke to the dealer last week (ish) and he thinks it might be a Jan delivery. This means I have to speak to him again 1st October as the finance deals change. Hopefully for the better. Anyone else in this situation should also give their dealers a ring about 2-3rd October.

If anyone is looking to order, I'd highly recommend using www.drivethedeal.com I got a great discount on the car and all the options. Def worth a look. They put you in touch with your nearest dealer they have so I'm now dealing with Carlisle Audi. Bit of a drive away but bringing it home to Manchester is going to be a great drive.

11. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot VCDS Map User

Ah, when did it come in? Been looking out for somewhere with a working demo car to see what they are really like.
    Is it as quick as it looks on paper?

Need to pay them a visit when I get a chance :)

12. paullowther

paullowther Member

What do you mean the finance deals change? Surely if I've placed the order and put a deposit down they can't change the terms agreed?

13. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

Mine worked out 80p a month more because they couldn't get it to exactly match the quote I got at order time, but gave me a (2nd) free tank of fuel in compensation. I wasn't too fussed about it really if it's that close!

14. bleedsoff

bleedsoff Active Member

What options are you guys going for?

15. paullowther

paullowther Member

Are you dealing with Mike by any chance at Carlisle, that's who my contact is.

16. Danners78

Danners78 Member

That's exactly what I thought but I'd wait to argue the point in case the interest rate change works in our favour.

Yes it's Mike I'm dealing with too.

17. Danners78

Danners78 Member

Estoril Blue SB with S Tronic
    Privacy Glass
    Folding mirrors
    technology pack with Audi Connect
    B&O sound system
    comfort pack
    through-load
    tyre pressure monitor
    reversible boot mat.

18. Cumbrian_bob

Cumbrian_bob Member

19. CraigI

CraigI Well-Known Member

I have a s tronic S5 without hill hold and have never even come close to having an issue with starting off on a hill, not once, nor will I.
    It's normal driving for crying out loud, people have managed without it for decades.
    Completely unnecessary IMO.

20. SilureMark

SilureMark Active Member

That looks good to me - although I don't want two yellow cars on my driveway, else I could be tempted. Solar orange is another great colour and of course, sepang blue. Way better than the colours that most dullards will spec on their S3s :jester:

21. bleedsoff

bleedsoff Active Member

I have HHA on my car now, although its a manual, I think its superb bit of kit. You could make that comment about a lot of tech bits on the car.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    cemerson likes this.
  22. cemerson

By that logic you should go for a manual gearbox, manual choke, manual windows etc - it's normal driving and people have managed with them for decades...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    Toadoftoadhall and bleedsoff like this.
  23. bleedsoff

bleedsoff Active Member

HHA is hardly pushing the boat out on extras anyway. As this is probably one of the most expensive hatchbacks on the market, I don't think that price is the biggest issue for the S3 buyer.

24. Ryan_R

Ryan_R New Member

The other advantage of the Auto-Hold option is that you can have your foot resting just above the accelerator waiting for the lights to turn green :p

The S-tronic version of hill-hold works off brake pressure, so if you don't press the brakes hard enough it won't engage. Also if you park on a hill I find that starting the car doesn't hold the car, so I do a proper handbrake start. One technique that does help with that though, is after moving the shifter to D, slightly take your foot off the brake (parking brake still engaged) and then push the brake hard - should hear a hiss sound which indicates that the car will now hold for 2.5 seconds. I still use the handbrake when leaving my driveway just to be safe though.

keyser and bleedsoff like this.
  25. bleedsoff

bleedsoff Active Member

Another question. If you specify speaker upgrades. I believe you get a sub in the boot. Do you lose the spare wheel?

26. cemerson

No, it sits inside the spare wheel. You have to unplug it and take it out if you use the spare wheel though obviously, as I found out this weekend, and keep it out until you manage to get the spare back in!

bleedsoff likes this.
  27. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member Team Mythos Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group TDi

Do you get a spare with the S3? I thought Quattro meant there was no spare wheel well..... The sub photos I've seen on Quattro cars has it mounted on a board and then reduces the over-all boot size (and therefore no changeable boot height floor).

28. cemerson

That could be the case - you may only get an inflation kit

29. keyser

keyser Active Member Audi S3

I like it - but wouldn't want to own it! Anyone seen a Beluga Brown S3 yet? Apparently brown is the new white...(not according to me)

30. Gazzz

Gazzz Member

The configurator still shows it as having a spare wheel as an S3 and also as an S3 with B&O. As to whether that's actually correct, who knows?! Hopefully somebody will have the chance to actually look at one sometime soon

31. david_68680

david_68680 New Member

hi
    some pictures of my S3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(sorry for my english i'm french)

++

32. Sherbs

Sherbs Member

I had a look in the boot of a S3 on Friday and it did have a spare wheel, I couldn't tell you what sound system it had though, I didn't look.

33. bjorngra

bjorngra Member

S3 Sportback boot with B&O subwoofer in 18" spare wheel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gazzz likes this.
  34. Gazzz

Gazzz Member

Thanks bjorngra - good to have it confirmed!

What colour is that? Is it Sepang?

35. bjorngra

bjorngra Member

A Dutch review with English subtitles

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  36. bjorngra

bjorngra Member

No, Estoril.

Check my pictures (Monsoon en Estoril)
    Audi S3 - a set on Flickr

37. CraigI

CraigI Well-Known Member

Had an update from my salesman today and the order I placed last weekend for a S3 Sportback is looking like a March delivery (so circa 6 month lead time).
    Not very quick then, but will be the new reg and hopefully after the worst of the winter has passed.........so the time doesn't bother me.

Although I thought that winter would have passed when I picked up my S5 in March and there was two weeks of snow, ice, salt and grit to welcome it!

38. Sherbs

Sherbs Member

I was told today that if you order now you'll be looking at build week 10 for any A3.

39. driver_tim

driver_tim Active Member Team Daytona Audi A3

I think this kind of thing varies considerably between dealers. I seem to recall around the time I ordered (late May) there was a post on here from someone who'd been advised end of 2013 delivery for any A3. I've now been driving mine for nearly two weeks, and indeed could have taken delivery at the end of July if I'd been willing to take it on a 13 plate.

40. Battlekrapz

Isn't it that dealers have quotas?

Meaning that only a certain number of cars can be built for a certain dealer at a time? Hence the build times vary from one dealer to another.

There might be sub quotas for countries also, and sub sub quotas for models such as the s3 ? Meaning theres a lot of unknowns in the equation.